Chapter 22: Uncontrollable

Theo woke up to an empty bed, "Liam?" Theo called out panicking where his Little Wolf could have gone.

Liam came out of the restroom, "morning sleeping beauty," he smiled, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants.

"You gave me a heart attack, Li," Theo smiled.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up," Liam looked at him. "I couldn't sleep last night."

"I figured," Theo smiled at him, getting up. He kissed Liam before he started getting ready.

Theo glanced at his phone; it was 7:00, three more hours until either their doom or victory.

Liam was waiting on the bed for Theo to go downstairs, looking exhausted and worn out, shaking in his hoodie.

"You are sure you are up to this?" Theo asked his boyfriend.

"I've told you yes," Liam retorted.

"I know, Little Wolf; I'm just being concerned about you."

They went downstairs to everyone already being up.

"So, no one could sleep last night?" Theo asked.

"Everyone decided to get up at 6:30, but you two were already in bed by the time we decided," Derek looked at them.

"And we wanted you guys to get as much rest as possible," Scott finished.

Theo nodded pouring himself and Liam coffee. Liam gripped the cup, stealing its warmth.

Lydia and Parrish were cooking this time, making sure everyone ate something before this morning's event.

Liam glared at his plate as everyone else started eating.

"C'mon Liam, you are going to need some strength for this morning," Mason looked over at his best friend.

Liam picked up a piece of toast and took a minuscule bite.

Theo looked over at him, laying his hand on his thigh. Liam began to lean on Theo wanting his comfort.

No one was looking forward to the day.

Melissa looked at Liam who didn't eat anything except the one bite, "I'll let you have one break this morning, but this morning only. I know you are nervous," Melissa smiled at him.

"If there even was a next time," Liam thought to himself.

After everyone was ready, they sat in the living room in silence. Scott went over the plan again. Liam was shaking against Theo; Theo wasn't sure if it was from being cold or nervous at this point. Nolan looked white, trying to remain calm. Scott was watching Liam like a hawk. 9:30 approached, and Liam stood up, "we got this."

Everyone nodded, following the lead of the small boy.
Theo and Scott got into Theo's truck as Liam, Mason, and Corey got in the passenger seat. Corey and Mason disappeared immediately to avoid being seen.

Stiles, Derek, Peter, Argent, and Stiles got into the rental car. Argent was going to drop Stiles and Derek off behind the house, while they pulled onto the street the front was facing. Parrish and Lydia left to assemble their group to block off the adjacent streets.

Nolan and Brett got into the jeep, prepared to park alongside the backstreet to guard the borders.

Theo looked back at Liam before he pulled out, "Ready?"

"As I ever will be," Liam nodded.

Theo pulled up to the house.

"Liam, we will be watching the whole time; we are not going to let anything happen to you," Scott looked at him.

Theo nodded in agreeance with the alpha, "you know I will kill anyone who lays a hand on you, Little Wolf."

Scott looked at Theo. "I mean I don't plan on killing anyone, but if it saves Liam's life I will."

Scott shook his head, "at least it's progress, Theo."

Liam smirked at his boyfriend, "I'll be fine, love you."

"I love you too," Theo sighed, hoping he wasn't sending him to his death.

Liam jumped out of the truck, followed by Corey and Mason, completely invisible. Liam walked up to the door and was about ready to knock when Dr.Ryan swung open the door.

"Liam! Come in," Dr.Ryan smiled. "So, you wanted to talk about classes this semester?"

Liam nodded, he noticed Dr. Ryan slammed the door quickly and realized he didn't let Mason and Corey come in. Liam was getting more and more nervous.

"Yes, I've just been having some personal issues, and I think I need to drop some classes," Liam started looking around the house for weapons or any signs of him being a hunter. He noticed a candle burning in the corner of the room and took a quick smell, wolfsbane.

Dr. Ryan smiled at the alpha, "Personal issues such as killing people."

"I should have known," Liam stared at the man.

"Oh, Liam, how do you think the hunters knew exactly where you would be? How to hit you the hardest? Why do you think I fought so hard to get you recruited to my school? I wanted to be rid of the supernatural in this town, but I couldn't do it alone. I needed help, but the hunters wouldn't come for a few stray supernaturals, but Liam Dunbar and his friends of course they would," he smiled.

"Why are you doing this?" Liam looked at him.

Dr. Ryan's smile dropped as he pointed to a picture on the wall of a beautiful woman.

Liam looked at him confused.

"That was my wife, Abigale, our lives were perfect until one day she was on a hike and came back with a bite on her arm. She came home, exhausted, saying she got bit by a dog. She was fine until that night, her body started convulsing. I looked at her and asked her again what bit her. She didn't know. I rushed her to the hospital, where Coach's wife took her. An hour later, I got drug in from the waiting room to get told she didn't make it. I didn't understand, a dog bite wouldn't kill someone that fast. Dr. Haunt spoke to me privately and explained that my wife was bit by a werewolf. This was of course after Beacon Hills viral leak of supernatural creatures existing among us; I was furious. I found Monroe and her hunters online, however, she wouldn't come help unless I had a "real" problem. That's when I figured out Coach Haunt was talking to you about being recruited," Dr. Ryan told the boy, "I watched you slowly fall apart, from guilt, and I knew my plan was working. Do you smell the wolfsbane, meant to weaken you? I know your friends are outside, but so are mine. Let's add one more insult to your injury," Dr.Ryan told the boy.

Liam was fuming at this point, his IED was taking over, his eyes flashing red, but he could feel his body fighting his ability to turn.

"Oh, Liam, you won't be able to take us down on your own," Dr.Ryan opened his bedroom revealing four hunters as well as a dead body.

"Luke," Liam looked at the body.

"Your friend was getting too close to finding out about me."

Liam jumped at the man as a hunter shot him with a bullet, assumingly laced with wolfsbane. Liam was filled with anger, ignoring the pain from the bullet, ripping at Dr.Ryan.

The man was laughing, "kill me, Liam, see how that turns out for you."

Liam was being ambushed; he felt his vision going black, but he fought threw it using every ounce of energy he had left.