Chapter 5: Cause of Concern

TW: eating disorders, anorexia, self-harm

Liam left Corey and threw himself down in Intro to Exercise Science.

One of his lacrosse friends sat down beside him, "Dunbar, you feeling alright after yesterday?"

Liam groaned, not him too, "yes, Luke, I just was sick to my stomach yesterday and couldn't eat. That's why I passed out.

"Just yesterday, you didn't eat?" Luke questioned him, noticing his weight loss.

Liam secretly smiled to himself, so it was noticeable he thought. "Yes, I'm fine today; I ate a nice breakfast," Liam lied.

"Just thought you would like to now you are shaking pretty bad and bleeding," Luke read through his lying, looking down at his hand, more blood had appeared. "Aren't werewolves supposed to have healing abilities?"

"They do if they deserve it," Liam thought to himself; he knew it wasn't healing because he didn't want it to heal. He deserved to suffer, like his mother being burned alive.

Luckily, the professor saved him from further questioning. He began the research; he was talking something about recovery that Liam was listening to. Liam watched the blood from his arm drip down his hand onto the table; he started getting lightheaded, but he didn't care. He eventually collapsed onto his arm, passed out the rest of the class.

Luke raised his hand as Dr.Ryan was dismissing them, "I don't think Liam is okay." Dr.Ryan rushed over to the boy asleep; he saw the blood.

"Luke, why don't you go to your next class; I'll wake him up," the man told him.

"I can help."

"Luke, please go; I can handle this." The boy nodded and ran off. Dr.Ryan was also one of the athletic trainers at the school and knew Liam quite well.

"Liam, Liam," the professor shook Liam awake.

Liam was dazed and confused looking at the man; he got his barring and jumped up realizing he was in the classroom.

"I'm so sorry; I fell asleep during your class," the alpha told him.

"Liam, it's fine; what's going on with you?"

"Just tired."

"You are shaking like a leaf, and what is this," the man slid up his hoodie sleeve, revealing the gashes. "What do you have right now?"

"Nothing until 11," Liam muttered.

"Let's go to my office."

Once they got to the athletic training room, the man quickly rinsed off the blood and cleared the gashes, bandaging them up. Liam got up to go when he stopped them.

"We aren't done yet."

Liam sat back down, restless to leave.

"Liam, were those your claw marks?"

Liam knew he couldn't lie and nodded his head.

"Do you want to talk to someone? You don't look like you have been sleeping much either or eating right for that matter."

"No, I just got mad; IED flare-up," Liam officially didn't lie this time.

"Okay, Liam you know we are here for you if you need someone,"

"Thanks, Dr.Ryan."

Liam ran out of the trainers in to the library to sit with Corey until Nolan was done with his class.

"Where have you been?" Corey asked him, looking at Liam's exhausted looks.

"Talking to Dr.Ryan; lacrosse stuff," Liam replied, starting on his homework.