Chapter 37: Trying to Return to Normal

TW: eating disorders

Liam looked over and smiled at him; despite everything happening he had one thing that was constant. Theo was always there for him; if someone would have told him a year and a half ago, Theo would be his anchor. Liam would have punched them in the face. He now couldn't imagine life without the chimera. He didn't realize how much someone could change, but Liam realized Theo was just never shown any love, family, or comfort. That's all he ever needed, bringing him back from Hell was the best decision in his life. He remembered Hayden's protests; the pack furious at him. He didn't even know where Hayden was now; he thought she was his true love. He was devastated when she left him, but now he realized it was the best thing that could have happened to him. Liam didn't feel like sleeping; he knows he should, but his mind was racing. He knew he couldn't sneak out and go for a walk as he wanted, but he stared at his laptop aimlessly doing schoolwork. He didn't even realize what time it was until Theo stirred. Theo felt the emptiness in bed and panicked.

"Relax, I'm here," Liam laughed.

"What time did you get up?" Theo looked at his phone; it was 7:00 AM.

Liam looked down, ignoring the headache he had from a lack of sleep.

Theo realized by his black circles and look, "you didn't sleep at all did you?"

"I couldn't I don't know I was just anxious about something."

"Liam, your body needs sleep to heal, and your mind needs to rest."

"I'm sure I'll take a nap later."

"Sure, Little Wolf," Theo said as he got up, getting ready for the day. Liam took a shower and heard Theo brake in.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't leave you alone in here now, can I?" Theo smirked.

After a long shower, Theo and Liam got out. Liam instantly wrapped himself in a towel, shivering so bad. Theo threw him one of his hoodies and a pair of Liam's sweatpants with drawstrings he prayed would fit his boyfriend. Theo got dressed and looked at Liam still shivering. The shower was lovely, but it was also a cruel reminder of the shape Liam was in.

"Let's get some coffee," Theo grabbed his hand.

Theo and Liam were the first ones downstairs in the house for once. Theo began making coffee while Liam leaned against the counter. Everything seemed almost normal for once.

Once the coffee was done; Liam and Theo sat on the couch together, just enjoying the alone time. Mason and Corey were down next.

"Morning," Mason looked at them. Corey smiled.

"Hey," Liam replied. Theo did his typical nod. They sat down on the loveseat across the room just enjoying their time like Theo and Liam.

Brett and Nolan came down shortly after, "wow everyone else actually let us sleep for once," Brett chuckled. Nolan smiled, looking so much better than yesterday morning.

Scott and Malia finally came down, looking like a married couple already.

"Morning," Scott said reaching for coffee, "mom texted and was wondering if you guys wanted to get brunch and take us shopping in town."

"We do," Mason jumped at the opportunity, dragging Corey with him.

Brett looked at Nolan, "I'm not a big shopper, but I do like food, so I'm in." Nolan agreed.

Theo glanced at Liam unable to read what he was thinking, "we don't have to go if you don't want."

"No, I do it will be fun," Liam shook his nervousness aside.