Chapter 35: I'm Not Leaving You

TW: eating disorders

Theo awoke at 7 AM to the sound of movement and panicked breathing.

"Theo," Liam grabbed his hand, "where am I?"

"The hospital, Little Wolf," Theo looked at him.

Liam went to rip out an IV, "you can't let them keep me here."

"Liam stop," Theo trapped his hand, "look at me; you died twice. Your heart failed. I watched you die."

Liam looked at Theo crying; he never saw Theo so upset before.

"I didn't have a choice; I need you," Theo looked at him, "I'm sorry, but listen Melissa talked to them to not put you in inpatient even though you should. They are making you a treatment plan, then you have to do outpatient."

Liam sighed looking at the ceiling.

"I know you don't want it, but you can't fight this any longer; you are going to lose. I can't lose you."

Liam began to cry, "I love you, Theo."

"I love you too, Liam."

The doctor came in and checked out Liam.

"I don't' know how you are alive, kid," he looked at him, "you're not stable at all, but your guardian said you would not accept inpatient willing."

"No, sir, I would not," Liam said bluntly.

Theo could tell he was biting his tongue not to snap at the doctor.

"We have a plan to go over with you; you are the one who will be administering it?" the doctor looked at Theo.

"Yes," Theo looked at Liam.

The doctor laid out this giant package and started explaining meal plans, exchanges, and all this stuff. Theo was following along, but Liam looked bored since he already knew how it worked.

"You aren't allowed to leave here until you eat breakfast," the doctor told him, "a nurse will bring it to you shortly.

A nurse walked in they looked at Liam holding a tray; his meal plan was small starting out to avoid refeeding syndrome, but Liam stared at the cup of cereal, a container of milk, and juice like it was going to kill him.

"Coffee?" they looked at them.

"Yes please," Theo said; Liam nodded as well.

"I brought you a breakfast sandwich as well to eat with him," they smiled.

"Thanks," Theo looked at them accepting the sandwich and coffee. Liam was glaring at the food.

"Liam, you heard the doctor. Do you want to go home?"

Liam gave in taking a bite of the cereal. It took him forty-five minutes, but Liam finally finished the cereal and juice.

The doctor came back in.

"Can I leave now?" Liam asked him.

"We have to unhook you; however, you are going to have to wear a heart monitor for three days to make sure it continues to beat regularly."

Liam nodded; he handed Theo the discharge papers and packet. The nurse came back in and took out all of Liam's IV's and unhooked him from the heart monitor. Liam was forced to wear the feeding tube for at least two weeks.

"Your ride is out in the waiting room," they told the two boys.

"Thank you," Theo told him, while Liam got dressed. He still couldn't stand on his own the nurse asked if they wanted a wheelchair. Liam refused, making Theo support him. They headed out where Scott was waiting for them.

"Liam," Scott embraced the boy; he was fighting back tears, "I was so scared I was going to lose you."

Liam accepted his embrace.

Theo and Scott each grabbed an arm leading him out the doors.

"We are out of the hospital; I'm picking you up Little Wolf," Theo picked Liam up, despite his protest carrying him to the jeep.

"How did you win picking him up?" Theo asked.

"I shed the most tears," Scott smirked.