Chapter 26: Flames Die Out

Liam stood up shaking, but fine, luckily Nolan and he were not directly on one. He pulled Nolan off the ground as Monroe and her hunters began to chase them down. They heard and saw explosions left and right. They were bleeding, broken down, the hearing was compromised by the explosions, smoke filled the woods. Liam had no clue how they were going to make it out.

Theo was anxiously tapping the back of his seat.

"Theo, stop," Brett glared at him.

Theo laughed at him, "really Brett that is what you are worried about right now?"

Lydia turned around, "you two fighting isn't going to help anyone," she was watching Liam's tracker on Parrish's dashboard when suddenly it went out.

"We have to go," she looked at Parrish. Parrish sped towards the location, parking further away to not be seen.
Stiles saw Parrish go off; Derek, Malia, Scott, Argent, Peter, and Derek followed, parking Roscoe beside Brett's car, jumping out creating noise.

"Thank God, we are here," Peter said getting out of the trunk loudly as Malia and he were stuck in the trunk for the ride.

"Hey, Monroe!" Scott screamed.

Stiles laid the horn down on the jeep.

Suddenly, a large group of hunters appeared.

"Let's fight," Scott growled.

Parrish, Lydia, Theo, and Brett ran into the woods. Mason and Corey were snooping out ahead, trying to find them in secrecy, when they heard the first bomb go off.

Parrish stared at the ground, "they planted landmines, all throughout this woods. We need to go now!"

"What about Liam and Nolan?" Theo asked.

"We aren't leaving without them," Brett said.

Theo turned to Lydia, Mason, and Corey, "get out of the woods and help Scott and them; we will find Liam and Nolan. We can't risk everyone's lives."

They nodded reluctantly.

"Let's go then," Parrish's eyes flashed yellow, his body slowly turning into flames.

Nolan and Liam were still running for their lives; they could hear Monroe's laugh behind them. Smoke clouded their vision, clogged their lungs. Liam protected Nolan from some shrapnel, but it was wearing him down. He could barely keep going on.

"Liam! Nolan!" Theo and Brett called out, going towards the explosions.

The last explosion had hit Liam's leg, and he fell over.

"Liam, you have to get up; we don't have time," Nolan looked back as Monroe and her hunters were approaching. He picked up his friend.

"Nolan, just go," Liam told him.

"I'm not leaving you."

Liam leaned on Nolan as Monroe called out to him, "getting tired puppies?"

Liam was using all his strength to keep moving forward/ when he heard Theo.

"Theo?" Liam called out.

Theo and Brett ran into the clearing straight to Liam and Nolan.

"Perfect, we have the puppy pack right here," Monroe smiled at them.

"Not all of us," Liam called back.

"Close enough," she smirked pressing the ignitor once more.

Parrish ran out as she was doing it, covered in flames. He saw what was going to happen. He jumped in front of the boys to shield them as much as he could. The explosion went off then everything went silent.