Chapter 31: Broken Glass

TW: eating disorders, self-harm

"Why do I smell blood?" Liam turned and looked at them after pulling out of the parking lot.

"Brett ripped open something on me from either dragging me around the maze or now," Nolan muttered.

"I didn't do it on purpose," Brett said holding Nolan's shirt to try to stop the bleeding, taking away his pain as well.

"Nolan are you okay?" Liam asked ignoring Brett.

"Yepp," Nolan said clutching his teeth.

"Again, not on my seats," Theo shook his head at them.

They pulled in, and Brett helped Nolan out of the truck. Liam and Theo both saw the blood saturating his shirt.

"Melissa is going to kill you," Theo looked at Brett.

"I know Raeken," Brett grabbed Nolan and brought him in.

Liam and Theo jumped out, telling Melissa Nolan was bleeding everywhere.
"I'm going to kill, Brett," she said bluntly.

"He knows," Theo smirked.

"How are you feeling?" Theo looked at Liam after she walked away, "honestly, it's just me."

"Weak, light-headed," Liam admitted.

Theo sighed grabbing Liam's arm before going inside, when they got in Mason and Corey were sitting with Brett and Nolan. Melissa was in the process of restitching Nolan's wound; Brett had a habit of forgetting Nolan wasn't a werewolf, nor had supernatural healing abilities. Scott and Malia were at the kitchen table, and everyone else went over to the other house for the rest of the afternoon.

"Brett, remember Nolan is a human," Melissa glared at him, checking over Nolan after he lost so much blood, "you need to rest; you just lost a lot of blood."

Nolan nodded already light-headed; Brett and he headed upstairs.

Melissa turned to Liam, "how are you doing?"

"Good," Liam answered.

"Seriously, Liam, you are as white as a ghost and shaking like it is 20 degrees in here."

"I'm tired."

Melissa sighed, "okay."

Theo grabbed Liam as he started to waver on his feet down across from Mason and Corey.

"We will be over in a few hours," Melissa looked at them.

Corey tossed Liam and Theo a blanket after Liam took off the jacket, he was freezing.

"Thanks," Theo mouthed, trying to get Liam to stop shaking. Liam curled up into him and closed his eyes trying to steal Theo's warmth.

Theo pulled out his phone and texted Mason across the room; Mason looked down at his phone confused.

"I need help," Theo texted Mason.

"I don't know what we can do," Mason replied, looking worriedly over at Liam, "maybe Melissa is right, and he does need some hospitalization."

"No, he's trying; I'm not doing that to him."

"I know he's trying. He's my best friend, but sometimes he needs more help than he will admit."

Theo nodded at Mason.

"Do you want to go upstairs, Li?"

Liam nodded shaking under the blanket; Theo picked up the small boy.