Chapter 25: The Explosion

Scott looked at them in shock, "we have no plan at all."

"I have a plan," Liam looked at him, "Nolan and I go alone. Everyone else tracks our location; I predict that she has some system that will shut the tracker off when we are close, then you guys follow. Parrish will arrest her, and hopefully, Nolan and I don't die."

Stiles looked at him, "that's an awful plan."

"I know, but what else can we do?"

Theo hated this, but he also knew the alpha was right.

Everyone went to get some rest before they were leaving at 1:30. Theo and Liam went up to their room, and Liam collapsed onto the bed beside the chimera.

"You sure you want to do this?" Theo looked over at him.

"Theo, I can't do this," Liam stared into his eyes, while tears began to form in his, "I can never move on until I can make sure she doesn't kill anyone else ever again."

"Liam, I love you."

"I love you too."

Nolan and Brett were in their room.

"Nolan, I don't like this," Brett looked over at his boyfriend.

"I don't either, but it's our only option."
"Is it? Why can't we just run from Monroe?"

"Because Liam's not a runner; he's a fighter."

"And what about you?"

"I trust Liam, and I need you to trust me," Nolan looked at Brett.

Brett nodded, "I will be with you every step of the way."

As the time approached, everyone ended up downstairs.

Liam looked at them, "Scott, Malia, Peter, Derek, Argent, Mason, Corey, and Stiles, we need you guys to distract the hunters. Parrish, Theo, Lydia, and Brett will come rescues Nolan and me."

Theo grabbed Liam's hand, "we will."

"I know you will."

Nolan and Liam got into Brett's car and drove towards the location Monroe told them to meet at. He knew it was a trap, but he had to take her down or he couldn't live. They drove 20 minutes in silence until the location led them to the side of the road.

Nolan looked at Liam, "No turning back now?"

Liam smiled at his friend, "nope."

They slowly got out of the car, careful about traps; Nolan saw the trap beside his door and quickly jumped over it.

Liam looked over at him, "she's ready."

"You think she wouldn't be?" Nolan smirked.

They wandered towards the woods when he felt his tracker shut off. He was right she would be able to shut it down. They avoided traps and followed the beaten-down path until they approached a small grate. No wonder why they couldn't find her hideout; it was hidden deep in the woods disguised as a sewer.

Liam ripped over the door and looked at the gaping hole. Flashbacks of Garrett throwing him in the well raked his mind; Nolan watched his eyes turn.

"Liam!" Nolan got his attention.

Liam shook his head, "sorry, I have a history with wells."

"You can tell me after we are done," Nolan said, wishfully thinking they would make it out alive. Nolan picked up a branch and threw it down the well, waiting to hear it fall.

"I didn't hear it," Nolan looked at Liam, "did you with your werewolf abilities?"

Liam shook his head no, "it was a trap." Liam heard footsteps and spun around facing his worst enemy,

"Pity," she smiled surrounded by four hunters, "I thought the two of you would be stupid enough to jump right in."

Liam growled at her; Nolan gripped the alpha's sleeve.

"We said no weapons," Liam looked at her, seeing the hunters carrying large guns.

"I said I wouldn't," Monroe smirked.

"We also agreed alone," Nolan stated.

"Oh, Nolan, someone finally got a voice. You really thought I would play by your rules when you wouldn't play by mine?" she smirked, "a tracker really?"

Liam looked down at the ground, "what will make you stop?"

"Nothing, Liam, until all supernatural beings are dead," Monroe smiled, holding a button.

Nolan looked at Liam, "run!" He screamed as Monroe pressed the button. Liam and Nolan were thrown from the blast, a landmine. She must have the woods loaded with them, actually the town the mounds weren't just dead bodies they were mines.