Chapter 27: Not Monsters

Parrish swung around and looked at the boys. Theo was covering Liam, who had collapsed in Theo's arms. Brett was holding Nolan tight to him.

"What happened?" Nolan looked at the man, realizing they were completely fine.

"Misfire," he pointed out to the bodies of hunters thrown everywhere, "she was too distracted taunting you to realize she put out one right under her own men."

"We need to check for survivors," Liam coughed.

"Liam, they literally just tried to kill us," Theo looked at his boyfriend.

"You know people can change."

Theo stared down at the alpha, "why are you always right, Little Wolf?"

They began walking over, searching for survivors; most of the hunters were dead. Their bodies were even unrecognizable from the explosion. They felt pangs in their hearts thinking about the families of the hunters. Nolan especially knew most of them just did it out of fear. Theo was supporting Liam when they found her. He heard someone struggling in the debris.

"Someone's still alive," Liam pointed to the pile. Theo tore the debris off the figure; it was Monroe.

"What are you doing? The opportunity was there to leave," Monroe glared at them. She was severely injured and lost her arm in the explosion.

"Liam, we can end this," Theo looked at him.

Liam shook his head, "that won't end anything."

Monroe stared at the boys.

"You see we aren't monsters," Liam said calling Parrish over. The hellhound picked the woman up as they found no more survivors.

Scott, Lydia, Malia, Stiles, Corey, Mason, and Derek ran into the woods finding the others walking out.

"We got them all, Argent and Peter are watching the hunters," Stiles told them excitedly.

Malia noticed Monroe in Parrish's arms, "why is she here?"

"Because we aren't monsters," Liam told her. "She killed her entire team; she deserves to be out here ad die alone. But, I also believe everyone can change."

Derek looked at him, "you sure; I mean we can make it look like an accident."

"Liam's right," Scott stopped him. "We will never stop being monsters until we show the world we aren't."

The remaining police forces that were not part of Monroe's hunting group came over to arrest the men the pack had taken down. They recorded the explosion scene.

An officer looked at Liam who was shaking wrapped in a blanket, "she told us what you did for her; we recorded it. We are going to publish that; you guys aren't the monsters here. Don't worry, we will take her to the hospital then jail for a long time."

Liam nodded, "Thanks."

Theo sat down beside Liam, grabbing his hand watching the veins go black, "what hurts?"

Liam looked at him, "what doesn't?"

Theo took off the blanket, quickly looking at the bleeding cuts, shrapnel still sticking out of his skin, there were burn marks on his back, and he was covered in ashes.

"I think we need to get you cleaned up Little Wolf," Theo said to his boyfriend. Liam nodded accepting Theo's arms.

Theo walked over to Scott having Liam limp in his arms, "we need to get him to your mom."

Scott nodded, "Nolan does too, take Brett and him home. We will take care of the rest and meet you at home,"

"Thanks," Theo nodded at the alpha.

Scott looked at Liam, "you did the right thing."

Liam smiled, "I learned from the best."

Theo went up to Brett and Nolan; Nolan was collapsed on his shoulder. He didn't look much better than Liam.

"Ready?"

Brett nodded helping Nolan to his feet; the boy was wincing in pain. Brett ended up just picking him up like Theo did with Liam.

Brett laughed at Theo, "what we do for these two."