Chapter 16: Unsolved Problems

Monroe received a picture of all their cars at the Puppy Pack house; she smiled, "taking out the entire pack in one week, should be fun."

Liam, Parrish, Nolan, and Lydia pulled into Coach's driveway. Liam texted the man and asked if they could come to talk to him; he of course agreed.

"We'll stay in the car, call us if you need us," Parrish looked at the two boys.

"He's our coach; it will be fine," Nolan looked at him, a skeptic of the whole situation.

Parrish looked at Lydia as they walked in, "I like that kid don't get me wrong but do we completely trust him. I mean he was a hunter. He doesn't seem like he wanted to be here at all."

Lydia laughed, "Nolan's always worried about everything; he's one of Liam's best friends. I trust Liam's judgment."

Parrish smiled at her, "well, I trust your judgment."

"Liam, Nolan sit down," Coach let them in. "How are you feeling Dunbar?"

"I'm good," Liam replied softly.

"Liam I don't think you are. Are you sick?"

"I'm a werewolf; I can't get sick."

"Forgot about that," the man sat down on a chair. "What are you two doing here?"

"Why did you want us to come to your team?" Liam looked at him.

The man sighed, "to be honest, Liam, I thought that being an alpha you could have figured it out by now."

Parrish looked at Lydia in the car, "I sense something here, you?"

Lydia shook her head, "what is into you?"

"I sense a hellhound, " Jordan turned to her, looking towards the house.

"Who's in the car with you?"

"Oh, my friends from home," Liam told him, still confused.

"Jordan Parrish? Must be Lydia Martin with him," he looked at him.

"What don't you know about our pack?" Nolan looked at him.

"Not much, Holloway, but I need to tell you about myself," he flashed his eyes orange.

"You're a hellhound," Liam looked at his coach.

"I recruited you here, first because you were the number #1 pick in the country, but other schools fought against having you since you were different. Second, because I know the hunters are out there, and they know about our town. If you haven't figured out by now, our town has a large population of supernatural beings. We need protection, your pack is the strongest out there."

"Second," Liam butted in.

"I'd take you over McCall, but that is my personal opinion of course. You're my star athlete," he laughed.

"Why didn't you tell us beforehand?" Nolan looked at him.

"Fewer people that know I am a hellhound, the better," he assured him.

"We had a run-in with the hunters the other day," Liam looked at him.

"You also ended up in the hospital by wolfsbane bullet," the doctor who treated Liam the first night walked in.

"Liam, I think you have met my wife."

"Yes, sir."

"Liam, I know you probably are looking for connections about the hunters, but I don't know anything. I just know they started killing over town if I was you I would lie low."