Chapter 20: Lost Puppy

They followed Liam's scent easily a mixture of tears and Liam's usual sweet scent Theo knew way too well.

Liam was dragging his body towards the college when Theo and Scott caught up to him.

"Liam," Theo called out.

Liam turned around, "What do you want from me? I can't do whatever you want me to I can't be a good boyfriend, a good alpha, or even protect anyone just leave me alone."

Theo grabbed Liam's arm, "Liam, you know none of those thoughts are true; I love you, Liam. You are the best boyfriend, you are a good alpha, and you have saved so many people including myself."

Liam looked into the chimera's eyes, tears still coming out; he nodded his head knowing deep down Theo was right. He just couldn't get himself to believe it.

Scott looked at him, "Liam, we love you; we need you. I need you."

Liam accepted Theo's hands as they started to walk back towards the house when Scott smelled something. Theo stared at him, and Liam leaning on his side as they approached an alley. They all knew what they were going to find. There was a woman, throat slit, her mouth opened as if she was screaming.

"Banshee," Theo looked at them.

Scott nodded and looked at Liam staring at the body as if it would come to life.

"Scott, we can't call the police; we don't know who to trust," Theo looked at him.

"Yes, we can, but not us," Scott looked at them as Liam waivered on his feet. Theo stopped him from falling onto the ground; Liam felt his phone ding.

"You know Liam, I thought you would make at least an attempt to save them now," a text from Monroe read.

Liam's claws dug into his own palms.

Theo felt his change, "Liam, you are too weak to change right now."

Liam growled as he stared at the body, his vision blurry, his body barely able to support his lightweight.

Scott turned and screamed; Liam turned to collapse on Theo.

"Why did you just scream like a girl?" Theo looked at him.

Scott pointed as people along the streets ran over, gasping over the body. A woman looked at Liam collapsed in Theo's arms.

"You guys need to get him to the hospital; I'll call the police," she looked at them.

Scott smiled at Theo as they walked away; Theo was carrying Liam, barely conscious.

"Liam, are you with me?" Theo looked at him.

Liam nodded his head, trying to keep his eyes open.

Scott, Theo, and Liam arrived back at the house.

"Liam!" Melissa called out, looking at his worn-out body.

"He tried to turn," Scott looked at his mom.

"Oh, Liam."

She instructed them to lay him down on the couch until he was able to sit up. Theo sat down with Liam on his lap, sighing looking at Liam making sure he was still breathing. Mason brought Theo over some food as everyone else was eating as Liam was still unconscious. Liam eventually regained his senses and sat up.

"Hey, Little Wolf," Theo looked at him.

"Can you stop giving me a heart attack?" Mason said to his best friend.

Liam gave them a light smile and held his head; Theo grabbed his hand, taking away some of his pain.

"What hurts?" Theo asked his boyfriend.

"Everything," Liam muttered, watching the room spin before him, holding himself upright now was even hard. He was shaking feeling warn out, all he wanted to do was lie back down forever.

"Stay with me Liam," Mason looked at him.

Liam nodded keeping his eyes open; Melissa came over and looked at him.

"Here drink this," she handed him a cup.

"What is it?" Liam looked at her worriedly.

"It just has some electrolytes in it; Liam you need to get something in your system," Melissa said sternly.

Liam nodded taking small sips, trying not to throw up the substance over his nausea.

They sat there until Liam was able to stand up; the pack was searching for information about the supernatural in the area as well as anything more on the hunters.

Melissa brought Liam over some plain toast and apple slices, "you need to eat this; please it's not a lot."

Liam agreed to take a bite of the apple, trying to hold it down. Theo rubbed his back to calm him down.

"I think we should take a day to plan," Scott stood up to address the pack.

Liam looked at him, "we don't have time for that; someone else could end up dead."

"Yes, you," Peter responded to the angry alpha. "You need to take a day off, kid."

Malia nodded in agreement with her father.

"I can't believe I am agreeing with Peter, but he's right," Melissa looked at him.

Liam sat back down staring at the plate of barely touched food on his lap, "fine."

Brett looked at Scott, "thanks," he said worried about Liam and Nolan, being out another day.

Nolan was still shaken up from the incident yesterday; they went upstairs to watch a movie together to distract him.

Everyone else wandered over to the table to discuss a plan.

"We can't stop messing around, trying to stop them without attack; we need to attack," Liam looked at them, anger fueling his words. He left the bread untouched, eating just the apple.

"Liam, we can't just go in there and attack. We will all be dead," Stiles stopped him.

"And? If we don't go more, people will die because I didn't protect them," Liam growled at him.

"First off Liam stop; we are going to stop them, but we need more of a plan than a reckless charge," Scott agreed with Stiles.

"Do we even know where their hideout is?" Parrish asked being the logically one.

"We have a clue," Argent looked at them, laying out a map.

"Where the hell did you get this from?" Malia glanced at the map.

"I have my ways," Chris smirked; he pointed to a red circle on the outskirts of town. "Anytime we get close to this area; the hunters show up."

Theo nodded his head in agreement thinking everything over.

"Tomorrow, we will search the area," Argent looked at them. Everyone agreed; Liam was leaning towards today, but everyone else shut him down.