Epilogue

"You're up for a drink, men?" I asked Thunder, one of my colleague here in the city.

We've known each other since high school. He was once my opponent in a basketball practice game with Ian. Then coincidentally we met here in UP Diliman and became good colleagues.

"Pass. May night practice kami."

"That's boring," I commented.

"Ikaw? Malapit na ang NCAA ah."

I just shrugged at him. Without even uttering a word, I left him. Dumiretso ako sa pool area. There was no student other than me which is an advantage for me.

Dumiretso ako sa locker room para ilagay ang gamit at saka sa shower room. I was actually here all day, practicing like what coach told us to do. And I'm getting tired of it. I can't understand myself anymore, swimming has always been my dream. But now, I don't know. Para akong nawalan ng gana sa lahat.

I pour all my frustration in swimming back and forth. Not caring if I'd have muscle cramps. For now, I just want this heavy feeling get out from me. I want to be numb.

If it wasn't because of that day, I wouldn't accept this offer I got from this university. That day where she made me feel how much of a fool I am. How she wrecked my heart together with my ego.

It was one heavy night again for me. I can't seem to understand why she let go of me easily. And you know what's the most heartbreaking part? She made me feel damn loved that day before ending it with shattering my heart. But it's okay, I'm willing to forgive her. Namalayan ko na nga lang ang sarili ko na naglalakad papunta sa apartment niya.

I missed her so much.

"Avon." I called. Pero si Eiradelle ang nagpakita sa'kin. The anger I have for her lit. "Anong sinabi mo kay Avon, ha? Anong kasinungalingan na naman Eiradelle?!"

Instead of answering me properly, she just shrugged with a smirk on her face. Nakakaasar.

If only she's not a girl, I'll definitely bruised her face.

"Itinuring kang kaibigan ni Avon! Stop making her guilty! Stop acting like you're betrayed! Wala namang tayo! I clearly told you that friendship is all I can give."

"Wala kang kaalam alam 'no? You're acting devastated here while Avon is having fun with his real boyfriend. How does it feel to be fooled?"

I clenched my jaw and my brows knitted. She's getting to my nerves. Saying nonsense just so she can stain Avon's name in me. But she can't.

"'Wag mo na siyang siraan. I know you Eiradelle. You're selfish and a brat. A little closer to being a trash."

The smirk on her face faded. I felt her palm land on my cheek but I could only care less. She looks very insulted, eyes are dilating and nose flaring from anger.

"How dare you?! Magkaibigan nga kayo! You're both only good at using me! Ikaw naman utu-uto ka! You think Avon is really inlove with you? Bobo! She's just up for revenge-"

"No! You shut up!" galit na galit na sabi ko. "Sinisiraan mo lang siya! Anong sinabi mo sa kanya para iwan ako?!"

"Ayaw mong maniwala? E nandoon nga siya ngayon kay Lexus! Go and ask Tita Ema! Aside from their revenge you're just like a trophy for Avon, Aeson. Imagine, you tamed and broke the heart of a notorious playboy like you!"

I feel like my ears are bleeding from the hurtful lies she's telling. Avon is not like that. I know it myself. But I can't help but overthink. I remember how we got together. One day she doesn't want me, then the next day she was acting like she wants me but something's stopping her.