8

During dinner, Mr Xiao was talking while Xiao Zhan was unusually quiet. Wang Yibo quietly ate his meal as usual but it made Xiao Zhan who often peeked at him feel worse.

"Zhan... Zhan... Xiao Zhan!" Xiao Zhan immediately looked at his father, not realising his father was calling him.

"Yes Dad?" Xiao Zhan replied and Mr Xiao raised a brow but repeated "Let's go fishing tomorrow and compete on who can catch the biggest fish"

Xiao Zhan sighed and shook his head "Dad, are you three years old?" Mr Xiao widened his eyes in shock "This is what you suggest every year!"

Xiao Zhan giggled "Well, I am three years old!" Mr Xiao smiled. He didn't know why Xiao Zhan was acting weird but now he seemed fine as he continued talking.

After dinner, Xiao Zhan laid on his bed. He blushed remembering that he kissed Yibo. It is his first kiss. And he is fine that it went to Yibo.

However, the next moment, he was tearing up again then sobbing. Yibo surely hates him now. The first person he has special feelings for will hate him now.

Meanwhile Yibo was in his room. He stood staring out of the window, thinking about Xiao Zhan.

Does he love Xiao Zhan? Yes. He knows it. Does he want to be with Xiao Zhan, by his side? Of course. Who doesn't?

Does he want to confess and be his lover? This is what bothers Yibo. He is skilled, but anything can happen. His job naturally puts him at risk.

His job is something he is good at and enjoys. Besides, he doesn't want to bring danger to Xiao Zhan.

Yibo felt something not right and knocked on Xiao Zhan's door. He was shocked to see Xiao Zhan with puffy red eyes.

"What happened?" Yibo asked, his hand already reaching out to caress Xiao Zhan's face but Xiao Zhan turned away. "W-Why are you here?"

Yibo frowned "Why are you crying? What happened?" Xiao Zhan tried closing the door but Yibo pushed it open.

"Go away" Xiao Zhan pushed Yibo's chest but Yibo grabbed his hands. "Are you crying because of the kiss? I am sorry"

"Why are you sorry?!" Xiao Zhan shouted as he cried more "I hate you! I hate you! Get out now! I hate you!"

Yibo hated it. He hates how Xiao Zhan says he hates him. Pulling Xiao Zhan into his embrace, Yibo hugged Xiao Zhan tight, refusing to let him go.

Soon Xiao Zhan gave in, hugging Yibo tight while crying. "Can you tell me why you are crying?" Yibo softly said.

Xiao Zhan sniffed "Do you hate me now?" Yibo frowned but picked Xiao Zhan up and sat on the bed with Xiao Zhan on his lap. "Why would you think so?"

"Because I-I... K-Kissed you" Xiao Zhan sniffed while Yibo stroked his back. "You think I hate you because you kissed me?"

Xiao Zhan nodded his head and Yibo started stroking his head. "I don't hate you at all. Never. Don't think that."

"T-Then did you hate... The k-kiss?" Xiao Zhan asked. Yibo gulped. "No... I didn't hate it at all either..."

Xiao Zhan looked up, making Yibo gulp. Xiao Zhan had teary eyes, slightly red nose, blushing cheeks and cute pouty lips.

Xiao Zhan stared at Yibo with his handsome godly features. Unknowingly, the two stared at each other's lips as they slowly moved forward.

Millimetres before their lips would touch, Yibo hastily placed Xiao Zhan under the covers. "Good night, go sleep"

Yibo then left the room, leaving Xiao Zhan who slowly teared up and started crying. "L-Liar... You clearly h-hate it..." Xiao Zhan hiccupped as he cried.

Meanwhile Yibo immediately got into the shower and slammed his fist against the wall. He needs to control himself.

He has many business competitors and underworld bosses as enemies. They would love to get rid of him and his company.

Just last week, someone tried ambushing their camp. Thankfully, it was nothing serious. However, it doesn't mean that nothing serious will happen...

The next day, Yibo helped Mr Xiao take out all the fishing equipment. He then went to woke Xiao Zhan up.

Xiao Zhan refused to get up since he slept very late. As a result, Yibo carried Xiao Zhan to the bathroom.

On the way there, Xiao Zhan opened his eyes. Only one person would carry him this way. Remembering yesterday, Xiao Zhan immediately jumped off Yibo.

"You could have fell!" Yibo shouted, making Xiao Zhan flinch. "T-Then don't carry me!" Xiao Zhan shouted back and stormed into the bathroom.

Yibo was surprised. He decided to go down first. During breakfast and while walking to the lake, Xiao Zhan only looked at Mr Xiao and talked to him.

It was as if Yibo is non-existent. And Yibo hates it. He feels his heart clenching and wrenching in pain. 'Does he still think I hate him?' Yibo thought.

Meanwhile, Xiao Zhan tried very hard to ignore Yibo. When he sees something, he tries his hardest not to shout for Yibo's name and drag him over.

Just like that, they settled by the lake with Mr Xiao in between them. Well, Yibo walked over to Xiao Zhan's side but Xiao Zhan casually hopped over to the other side.

Yibo gripped onto the fishing rod tightly. He wants to draw a line between Xiao Zhan and him but now that Xiao Zhan is ignoring him, he hates it so much.