/One/

Your PoV

[BEFORE KD DIED]

This is sick. I didn't know how I  able to live for 18 years in this boring house.

I walked out to my library after  staying there for I don't know how long. I've been doing this every day and it sucks that nothing is new.

I decided to go to brother's room since I wanted to talk to him.

We barely talk even before my parents died. He is always busy even at a young age as he already knows how to manage our parents' work at their lab. Where all of their works are in there. While me, I'm just here, sitting.

As I went out of my room, just in time that I saw my brother.

"Oppa, can you—"

"Y/N I'm busy," Oppa said, didn't even let me finish. He passed by and started to go downstairs.

"But Oppa it's my birthday," I said that made him stop.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that he won't go and just stay at least this day to celebrate my birthday. But for real, I don't even like this day. Still, I asked him even if I already know he'll turn me down.

"Happy birthday." He said in monotone. "You know Irene, right? I'll send the gift to her later, wait for her," Oppa said, mentioning the  childhood friend of him as he continued to walk.

I was left dumbfounded as I watched him walk out of the mansion. Like I said, I expected it already and yet still, I was surprised. I have no choice but to smile bitterly and go back to my room.

Right, I should have known that he won't waste his time with me. I'm just her younger sister. What  important to him is his work, just like my parents.

I walked to my room and locked it, I jumped on my bed and just sighed.

I never got a chance to celebrate my birthday. How I wish I could celebrate it without being alone.

I sat and got my laptop to have a video call with Sowon unnie. She's my private teacher and also my friend. Yup, I have a private teacher because I never leave the house. All my life, I've been stucked in this very room of mine.

"Hello, unnie," I said with a smile.

"Hello, Y/N-ssi! How are you? Sorry, I didn't get a chance to visit you today. Anyway, Happy birthday!" She said. At least my private teacher remembered.

"Thanks, unnie. Uh anyway... You're busy that's why you can't visit me, right?" I asked.

"Kinda, but...didn't your brother tell you?" She asked which made me frown.

"About what?"

"Oh... Well, I'm busy because I'm fixing my files. Your brother wants a new teacher for you." Sowon unnie said and this time I got up on my bed.

"What?! I didn't know about that!"

"Y/N, calm down. I'll try to talk to Daniel so he won't look for another teacher for you." She said as she looked at me softly.

So I did. I smiled and just looked at her on the screen.

"Thank you unnie, you're the best."

"It's nothing Y/N. So, I'll be going now." She said and waved her hand.

"Thank you unnie, bye!" I said and she ended the call.

I closed my laptop and decided to sleep.

Just sleep...

It was already late afternoon when I woke up and for the first time, I decided to go out of this house. I got my black hoodie and phone before leaving my house.

This is my first time sneaking out, I hope nothing bad will happen.

It's my birthday so I can do whatever I want... right?

I looked down and saw the guards at the living room. There's even more outside of the mansion but who cares, right?

I went back to my room and decided to go outside using my balcony.

Hehe

Gladly, I managed to go down without being notice. I immediately went out of our house, and TADA

"I really can't understand why I just decided to do this just now," I mumbled to myself and went out of our village.

I'm not familiar outside so I get my phone and use some app to roam around.

Where I could go first?

I looked at my phone and searched for the nearest café in my place.

"FEW BLOCKS FROM HERE IS ****** Café, they offer great food and beverages." My phone said.

Good thing I have my brothers gift to me last year.

I went to the place and I saw a bunch of people around.

Shoot!

I immediately went out of the crowded place since I am not used to it. I keep on bumping everyone  before I actually got at the café.

Hooah!

I entered the place and good thing there is only a few people in there.

I get my phone and search for something.

'How to order in Café?'

"To order in Café, think first about what you want to eat. Second, tell to the person in charge what you desire. Third, pay for your food. Lastly, wait for your food." My phone said.

Oh my god, thank you very much!

I immediately went to the cashier and looked at the menu and as I already picked the food, I told to the girl who is in charge of getting the orders.

"Dine in or Take out, Miss?" the girl asked.

O⁠_⁠o

"P-pardon?"

"Dine in or Take out miss?"

"Oh... Uh, Dine in?" I said unsure.

"Ok miss." She said and smile.

I sighed and paid for the food. I got a seat and just waited for my food to arrive.

I didn't know that ordering food can increase my anxiety level!

"Hey cutie, mind if I sit here?" Suddenly, a tall lady appeared in front of me. If she'd be an animal, she'll be a hamster...

I looked at the person who was standing in front of me and smiling at me. I looked around and saw that there are still plenty of vacant seats.

"Uh miss, I'm not used to eating with other people. Could you just choose another table, I'm sorry." I said to her but still, she sat across me as if she didn't hear me which made me raise my eyebrows.

"Sana, I'm Sana. I like this spot and it'll be rude if I kick you out of here just because I like this spot and  you came here first." She said and offered a handshake.

Didn't she hear what she just said? I came here first. This won't work...

"Is that so? I'll just transfer fr—"

"No it's fine, I won't harm you so don't worry." She said and held my wrist to stop me.

I immediately pulled it which made her look at me shockingly.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm not just used to—"

"It's ok, just sit. So you're new here I guess. I'm always here to fill my free time. It's my first time seeing you." she said

Too much talk. How can I answer her, oh my god!

"I'm always here." I lied

"Oh, but your face is something that is hard to forget. I really can't remember you. Hmm, maybe if you say your name I will." She said and smirked

Fuck?