20. Barbie

I tried to calm my breathing, but I couldn't

"Stella? Stella, look at me!" Myles puts a hand on my cheek. A bloody hand.

"I am okay, see?" He lifts his upper body and looks into my eyes. He's covered in blood.

"But, there is blood everywhere. Everywhere." I turn around to see more blood. It's like a hallucination. Except it is one.

"Stella, look at me. I am here. Look at me." I can't. I can't hear him. I can't stop looking at the blood which is everywhere. The red liquor is streaming down his body and to the ground. There's more and more blood.

He turns me and pushes me to the ground. He looks at my eyes, then at my lips, and then back again at my eyes. A triangle that never ends well.

I wake up. I exhale and lift my head from the pillow. I look at the room to see that was just a dream. A nightmare. But that actually happened. Expect the last part of it. He didn't want to kiss me. He just jerked me and I was back to reality. Later I cleaned his wounds and fell asleep.

I look at the clock and see that I'm gonna be late. I quickly stood up and brushed my teeth, then put some clothes on. I barely put on make-up and went out. I see Myles beside the car and shiver.

"Christopher is not going?"

"No, he is still drunk", he says a little sad.

"It's because of me." Myles lifts my chin and meets my eyes.

"No, it is not."

"Yes, it is. He thinks that you're with me. And I...", I trail off.

"You what?" He searches for my eyes, but I stare at the ground.

"I don't like him", I admit. I didn't realize that until now. "It's going to crush him."

"No, it is not. It is not the first time he gets dumped." I can't imagine someone would dump him.

"But..."

"Stella", he takes my hands, "you cannot force yourself to do something just not to break a person. Life would be so much easier if more people cared not to break others, like you."

"But he's broken."

"He's not." I can see that he's lying. "It's probably just everything. Not just you. He's lonely, too. But there are so many girls out there. He's going to find someone."

"I thought he didn't date." I frown.

"And he doesn't." He puts his hands aside from his body.

"So, how..."

"You are beautiful. It's hard not to like you." I blush. "Now, get in the car we are going to be late."

When I enter the classroom Michael is sitting next to my seat.