31. Plan

✩This chapter contains abuse.✩

I see darkness and try to spot some light

I see darkness and try to spot some light. I hear someone screaming.

"Help me! Help me!", someone shouts. "No! Please, no!" I try to find that person, but everything's dark.

"Where are you?" I hear my echo.

Suddenly darkness disappears and I'm blinded by the light. I try to open my eyes, but light bothers them. When I finally open them I see Stella laying on the floor, bleeding.

"Help me. Michael, help me", she begs. I run toward her, but someone stops me. And then all I can see is Christopher grinning and stabbing a knife into Stella's body.

"No!", I scream, opening my eyes. "No!" Then I realize that was just a nightmare. I rub my sleepy eyes. I have to see her.

I get up and put some black clothes on, then scurry downstairs.

"Bro, where are you goin'?", I hear Tyler trying to keep up with me.

"To see her."

"Bro, you can't. That ginger kid will kill you. I need you!" I stop and look at him. "I need you alive!" He puts his big hands on my shoulder. "I'll find a way. Trust me. I've already talked to Austin."

"About what?" I bewilder.

"You know that he used to fight." I nod. "So maybe we can... you can..."

"I can", I finish. "I can and I will."

"You sure? They said that his technique is flawless and that he has never lost." Are we thinking about the same Christopher? The one I beat the shit out of.

But, then some thought crosses my mind. He did throw some good punches, really good actually when he wasn't drunk. But, I quickly cut that thought. That was just darkness sending its demons to beat me. No. It can't. Not now.

My knuckles are turning white and my anger is boiling in my body, remembering that dream. "I can beat him. Also, you can teach me some moves. But, I think I got it."

"Sure, bro I believe in you. I know this is dangerous, but..."

"No. It's the only way. Illegal, but the right one."

"Okay. I'm going to arrange that, don't worry. You just need to stay here and don't go anywhere, okay?" When I don't say anything, he raises his voice. "Okay, I asked?"

"Okay, bro, okay." I surrender.

"Promise?", he asks, already going.

"Promise", I shout. "But I'm going to school!", I add and head to my car. I can see my best friend rolling his eyes.

If it's the only way then I'm here for it. Anything just to protect her. To keep her safe.

When I entered the school and passed all the annoying students who are shouting and pushing each other I went straight to the classroom. But then I saw her in front of it and next to her was her... Did she look... broken? Her eyes were dead. But I couldn't see dark circles around them, because she covered them, she covered her whole face with dark makeup. She lifts her head and her eyes meet mine. I think I saw some sparkles, but maybe I'm wrong. She opened her full lips, but just when she wanted to approach me, someone pulled her. He pulled her. Then he looked at me and kissed her on purpose. I felt something in my stomach. I felt anger in my body and I squeezed my fists. He looked at me in the corner of his eyes and smiled satisfied. Soon he left heading to his class and I thanked God we were not in the same classroom or I'd smack his head. But I only stood there imagining it and when the teacher pushed me slightly to come inside I was snapped from my reverie in which Christopher was a dead man.