three | empty eyes

Back to school. Yaaayyyyy. Every year seems to get better, last year was different without Jimin and now Taehyung is gone. Well... at least we're in contact with each other this time.

"Y/n!" Jungkook came running up to me smiling then asked, "What class do you have first?" "Math." "Same, boring old math... let's go!" I was used to his strange actions so I just laughed to myself and followed him.

We sat down next to each other and then the teacher called for everyone to be quiet. "Alright class, now first of all some of you may remember Park Jimin, right? Well, he came back."

...He what now? I looked around the room and there he was. Sitting in the back, with a large hoodie to cover half of his face. I just stared at him until I felt Jungkook tug on my arm a little.

I turned to look at him and he was looking at me with doe eyes. "Isn't that the guy you were friends with?" he asked and I nodded slowly, still taking it in.

I mean, how come he's back all of a sudden? He didn't even try to find us, and he's wearing that hoodie that seems a hundred sizes big for him.

I couldn't concentrate that class. I was thinking about Jimin. I didn't know what to think. I was happy, confused, upset and curious all at the same time.

At break I went straight to Jimin's desk as he stood up, grabbing his backpack. "Jimin?" He looked at me, straight into my eyes. But... something was different.

His eyes had a sort of dark aura, but not the frightening kind... his eyes seem empty, blank... what are other synonyms for empty?

We stared into each other eyes for what seemed like forever. "Y/n?" Jungkook asked as he came to my side. He looked at Jimin then back at me, confusion is how you'd describe how he was feeling.

I snapped back into reality and asked, "How come you didn't contact us?" He didn't say anything. "You're back? Even if you lost contact you could've spoke to us, I mean me... Well Taehyung transfered schools."

"...I'm sorry..." he muttered and walked past us, but Jungkook held onto his arm. "...Are you feeling ok? You look... tired..?" Jimin just stared at him, and Jungkook slowly loosened his grip on the older's arm.

Jimin pulled his arm free and walked off, leaving me a confused mess. "W... what happened to him? He's so... cold..? What's the right word?" "Shut out?" "Yeah..."

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and said, "Well, I don't know how he was like before... can you tell me?" "He was lively... sort of like Taehyung. He liked cuddles, he was warm hearted, gave off a happy vibe... but now..."

Jungkook sighed then said, "Something must have happened... if he doesn't want to talk don't force him. Anyways, let's leave the classroom before-"

He was interrupted by the very loud school bell. He groaned and said, "Break time is so short nowadays." I sighed then said, "Let's go to our next class." He nodded and we walked out of the room.