nine | dream

A/n - this chapter is told in Jimin's POV

"Eomma, can I go and buy this snack?" I asked and she nodded going into another aisle. I smiled then my younger brother came up to me.

"Can you buy this too hyung?" I looked at what was in his hands and sighed. "You eat way too much junk, you know." "Pleaseee" he whined and I sighed nodding.

I went to buy the two things but was startled when an arm was flung over my shoulder. "Hey" I calmed down once I realised it was one of my friend's voices.

"Hey, you scared me..." "Yeah, yeah, can I show ya something? It'll only be a few minutes." "Umm... I'm here with my family and-" "Oh come on! They won't notice it'll be quick."

I was about to argue but he was already dragging me out of the shop. Unexpectedly, he pulled me into an alleyway.

"What are you-" "I wanted to say goodbye" he said with a smirk. "Umm... what..?" "Be grateful that I let you live." What does that mean?!

He brought his hand up in front of my face and started counting down with his fingers. "5... 4..." "What are you-" "3... 2..." "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "1..."

He put his hand down and I flinched hard at the sound of a loud explosion. I widened my eyes, and my so called 'friend' pinned my arms against the wall, glaring into my eyes.

"You messed with the wrong people. We're part of mafia." He lifted his shirt to reveal a gun on his belt and I parted my lips still processing what on earth was happening.

He smirked one last time and let me go, walking away. I then walked out of the alleyway and my heart stopped.

The store... the explosion...

They're in the same place.

-----

I opened my eyes slowly, staring at the ceiling. I clenched my fists and parted my lips, but no. No tears, no nothing.

This is why I don't sleep.

I got up and checked the time. 4am.

I sighed and got up, going downstairs. I layed down on the couch and watched a random kdrama, I had nothing else to do really.

But I was way too tired, because before I knew it I had fallen asleep again.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" He grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to him. "I... it wasn't me! I told you, my fri-"

He slapped my face and I looked away tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "Don't make up excuses. You're damn lucky that there's not enough evidence, but everyone knows it was you. It makes perfect sense, everything fits in. I just can't believe you would do such a thing!"

He let go of me harshly before sending a punch directly at my face. I stumbled back onto the wall, looking down at the floor.

I couldn't believe this. How could they think I would do this?! They don't even listen to me and just blame everything on me. Why? Because it's the easiest way? The only thing that makes sense? No, this makes no sense at all.

I can't stand you here. Go back, get out of this damn country!" "...How? I have no money and-" "We'll give you the damn money, so get out of here!"

He stomped away, and I slid down on the wall, bring my knees up to my chest.

This isn't fair. Nothing about this is fair. No one believes me... no one trusts me. And to be honest... I don't trust anyone anymore.

-----

My eyes opened. I fell asleep again?!

I got up, going to the bathroom and staring at my reflection in the mirror. Staring at those empty eyes. It reflected my soul. I don't feel anything anymore, and the slight chance that I do is because I'm crying.

I looked at the knife that was nearby the shower.

I want it on my skin right now.