21 ⚡ Blue

Chapter 21

The difference between my bedroom - if you can call it that - and the guest one is massive.

I'll be sleeping on a cheap mattress and waking up to the sun reflecting on my face because of the tiny window set directly above me on the ceiling. The guest room instead has a king-sized bed with faded red LED lights around the corners of the room. Regardless of the modern lights, the antique style is still evident.

The vampire that I have to kill is leaning on the wall-sized window, looking over the dark forest. The waning moon shines on her tanned features.

I can't kill her. What can I do to avoid it?

Foxy meows in my mind and I nod, agreeing with her. She's right, it doesn't hurt to ask for help.

I look around the room, searching for any trace of hidden cameras. Doesn't look like there are, but there could be hidden microphones. With that information, I lock the door and walk toward Marisol.

Upon hearing my footsteps, she turns around and frowns. "Alexa? What's with the worried -" I silence her with an unexpected kiss.

I thought she'd push me away, but instead, her arms wrap themselves around my neck while my hands tug and sneak underneath the loose, sleeveless white blouse.

I pull away, looking at her dazed dark gaze. "Do you want me to stop?" I ask, hoping the microphones caught it.

Marisol shakes her head, a blush creeping over her cheeks. "N-no," she stutters.

I smile. She looked so tough during dinner and now she's a shy mess. I grab her cold hand, pulling her toward the bed. I push the sheets a bit away before turning back around and sliding the blouse off her body.

Marisol grabs my face with her hands and eagerly kisses me. Her lips taste of strawberry now that I think about it. My body warms up, getting a little too excited and I have to repeat to myself that I'm in a mission. No time for distractions.

I slowly turn us around, pushing her down on the bed. Her dark eyes are filled with desire as I easily unzip my long dress, letting it fall on the floor, revealing my lacy lingerie.

She bites her lip, and I'd lie if I said that I didn't find her adorable. I hover over her, letting her legs wrap around me as I pull the sheets over our head. "Marisol," I whisper into her ear, "do not scream, but I need your help because I'm supposed to kill you."

Her legs fall back to the bed. "Huh?" she whispers back.

I sigh, my forehead resting on her shoulder. "I'm supposed to kill you, but I don't want to. Isn't there a way for us to fake it?"

A hand caresses the top of my head as she sighs as well. "It's pretty gore, but I have an idea in mind. After this, you should start running away from here because I will come back and get Dante's head. Now, take out your claws and follow my lead," she explains, letting out an audible exhale.

I do as she says, elongating my fingernails, seeing her do the same with hers. "Scratch my stomach, I will scream and try to defend myself, so you will get hurt. Do not scratch on any vital parts, understand?"

I nod my head before taking a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I sit up and scratch her stomach, dark blue blood oozing out immediately. Marisol screams in pain and before I can even blink, she scratches both my arms before kicking me on the stomach with her freaking foot.

I fall on the floor from the impact, watching her wide-eyed. Her bloodied hands touch the bedside table, throwing the lamp on the floor. Her body collapses next to me, making her winces.