32 ⚡ Circle of love

Chapter 32

My eyes are glowering down at the feline shrinking in the leather couch. Xavier's ex has her hands in her short curls while I'm standing in front of him with crossed arms.

"Touch the card." Kali breaks the silence, handing the card to the lion.

He hesitates for a moment but eventually takes it.

"Now pass it to Anika," she orders.

Anika glares up at the sorceress. "You're overreacting," she says.

Kali flashes her an innocent smile. "Then I don't see the problem in touching the damn card," she says in a honeyed voice.

They stare at each other for a moment before Anika gives in, snatching the card from Xavier's hand.

Why would he date a damn huntress?

"Thank you," Kali says, making me focus on her.

With the card in hand, she walks back to what I like to call magick space.

Candles and crystals are hanging on the wall in front of her, unknown objects are also on the floor. Her living room screams of witch vibes now that I think about it.

She built her house in a way that everything looks claustrophobic. She loves tiny spaces filled with objects, and this room reflects it perfectly. With a couch, a coffee table, and her magick space, there's little space left to walk around. The fact that she has books and other witchcraft objects lying everywhere on the floor in a neat mess makes things worse.

She sits on her knees on the fluffy pillow as I can feel someone's hand rest on my hip, followed by a kiss on the other side. My heart picks up the pace while my feline happily purrs in my mind, enjoying the lion's attention.

Meanwhile, my favorite part happens. I love watching Kali in her element. It's as if she turns into a completely different person. There's a circle of leaves around her with four lighten up pink candles forming a square. My high hearing hears mumbles coming out of her mouth, and my heart stops when the flames of the candles vanish at the same time.

A blinding light coming from the card makes me squint my eyes but goes away as soon as it appears. I can't help but glance at Anika, finding her big brown eyes looking at Kali in awe.

A small smile sneaks up on my lips. She gives her that look, but she's trying to run away anyway.

"You never told him you were a huntress," Kali speaks up.

I frown, walking close enough to peek at the card lying in front of her. My eyes widen. The death card. "What does it mean?" I quietly ask. He's not gonna die, right?

"Fear of change," she starts. "It's in reverse, and I'm not surprised. From what I'm seeing, it looks like they were in a loveless relationship for a long time. Ugh," she flips the card to the other side before turning her head back toward the ex-couple. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Xavier shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know, I'm not the one keeping secrets from my partner," he says, glaring at the huntress.

She snorts before laughing. "Oh, God, shut up, please. I just found out that you are a fucking werecat."

Xavier raises an eyebrow. "So what?" 

Her eyes widen. "Are you—" she takes a deep inhale, standing up. "You know what? We broke up, so fuck you, Xavier. I don't owe you any explanation." With that, Anika walks to Kali and grabs her wrist, pulling her up effortlessly. The look on Kali's face tells me she didn't expect that kind of strength from a human.