4 ⚡ Testing

Chapter 4

Well, Xavier just ruined everything.

Ever since we finished lunch, I can't look at him like I used to. I mean, I liked him a lot when I was seventeen, and I would have been on cloud nine if he pulled that kiss back then, but now it's weird.

The memory of a shy, insecure girl looking at a beaming Xavier from afar wakes something in my heart I haven't felt in a long time. The tiny feline coexisting with me purrs at the thought. She always had a crush on him.

Ugh, what a pain.

The lights of the living room are turned off. Xavier and I are lying on opposite sides on the dozens of pillows laid on the ground. My feet are on his chest while his feet are on my back. Our eyes are glued on the large TV, but my mind is entirely elsewhere.

Xavier has soft, plump lips, and I would lie if I said I didn't like it.

Goosebumps crawl on my arms when he brushes his hand on my ankle. I can't be the only one who got affected by the kiss.

With that in mind, I sit up, pulling my legs in a mermaid style. Xavier looks up at me with his eyes partially glowing. His lion is always present. "Tell me I'm not crazy for still thinking of that kiss," I say, and he immediately sits up.

"Red... It was just a peck," he replies, coming close enough for his long legs to circle me.

A frown settles on my face. "I still consider it a kiss, and it's driving me nuts."

Xavier tilts his head to the side. "We've kissed before. What's so different?"

What?!

"When have we kissed, and how much did I drink for it to happen?" I ask, making him laugh.

"We were pretty drunk now that I think about it," he says, followed by a smirk. "You were the one who started the kiss, actually."

My mouth goes into an 'O' shape before moving into a thin line. "Elaborate."

Xavier closes his eyes, reminiscing whatever happened between us. "It was a year ago, the day of your birthday. Everybody was drunk, and I was taking your tripping ass to your bedroom. Once I changed and tucked you in bed, that's when you kissed me."

A soft smile appears on his content face. "I was shocked, but when you pulled away, I couldn't help myself, so I kissed you again. I think we made out for a good ten minutes, if not more, before you fell asleep in my arms."

I cover my face with my hands as my brain opens up like Pandora's box. I remember now. Oh, Gods, I want to dig my own grave and jump in it.

"Red," Xavier calls, pushing my hands away from my face. "We should kiss again."

Huh?

My eyebrows move upward. "What?!"

"Perhaps it'll put your mind at ease," he proposes, wiggling his eyebrows that make a laugh erupt from me.

Xavier smiles but doesn't laugh with me, which makes me abruptly stop. I frown. "Xavier Cordeiro do Nascimento Lyon. Are you mad?"

His eyes pop out. "No need to go for the full name because yes, I am crazy, and I don't see any harm in kissing again," he says, shrugging his shoulders.

I can't help but give him a disbelief look.

Holy shit, he really lost his mind, didn't he?

His hand comes up to my cheek, caressing it softly. "What do we have to lose anyway?"

We stare at each other as my brain is trying to make sense of all of this.