43 ⚡ Creatures Council

Chapter 43

ALEXA

Well, I'll be damned.

I don't know what I was expecting from the Creatures Council, but it definitely wasn't an abandoned apartment building with no neighborhood. It would have been the perfect place to shoot a horror movie.

After a peaceful night spent in the arms of Xavier, a hard morning to wake up to, and eight hours of private flight, we're finally here. All of that, only for a few hours of talking before getting sent back home.

My hand comes over my flat tummy. Wish me luck, little one. I eye the man who can't seem to stay still, passing his hands over his dreads, his face, and nervously pulling onto his shirt with his foot tapping against the ground.

"I like how you're more anxious than me," I say, grinning.

Xavier releases a loud exhale. "I don't know how you can be so calm. We're meeting the fucking Council. I can't stop sweating, and I'll probably pass out if something bad happens."

Richard laughs beside Xavier, patting the poor guy's back. "Everything will be fine. They're pretty childish, to be honest."

Xavier's eyes widen. "Childish?"

He nods, pressing the third button out of ten. "You'll see."

The door clicks open, and we quietly follow Richard inside. The hallway is empty, with spiderwebs on each corner and dust laying on the railings and floor. Luckily there's a working elevator beside the dirty stairs.

The door automatically slides open, and I'm surprised at how clean it is inside. There's even a full-length mirror. I take out my phone from the back of my jeans and turn on the camera. "Boys, let's take a picture," I say as I do silly faces.

Richard immediately follows along, putting his arm on my shoulder and smirking at the mirror, letting his eyes turn bright blue. I take a few pictures, loving how stressed Xavier is in all of them. I can see the sweat under his armpits wetting the brown shirt.

"C'mon Lyon, smile for me," I say as he crosses his arms over his chest, forcing a smile onto his lips.

I let my eyes glow and take a couple more pictures when the elevator comes to a stop. The door slides open, and a new face appears behind us. A lady with long wavy red hair that reaches her butt and twinkling brown eyes smiles at us. "Glad someone appreciates the mirror," she says with an accent I can't identify.

I quickly put the phone back into my jeans as we turn to face her. "Merida," Richard greets, walking out of the elevator and passing her as she rolls her eyes at him.

"Stop calling me that," she says, following him.

Xavier and I do the same, going from one empty place to a conference room with each member of the Creatures Council present. I think I heard Xavier whisper 'holy shit' under his breath.

The room doesn't have anything out of the world, which is pretty disappointing. There's a long white table with black mesh office chairs around it and a mounted TV against the wall.

Chatters coming from the Council fill the silence. I recognize some of their species. Pointy ears belonging to a white-haired man is a sign of an elf. The warlock with purple eyes and black hair is known because he's the spokesperson when the Council makes an announcement, and then there's the handsome Alpha Denver at the head of the table.

Everyone else looks too human to guess who they might be.

The girl Richard calls Merida clears her throat, trying to grab the other members' attention. It doesn't work as I tilt my head to the side.