༻ 16 ༺

"At the very last moment
A blurred image appears before my eyes
After I put everything down
Unconsciously, I felt hysteria
Such a beautiful destroyer."
- Mayday by Victon

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Trigger warning: Blood, death/ murder

A girl with dark brown hair walks alongside her blonde friend to the bus stop after school. They are both in their late teens, nearing the age of adulthood.

"Guess what! My dad said he'll finally tell me my brother's name when I get home from school today!" The girl excitedly exclaims. "No way! Finally we might be able to find him," her friend smiles.

The two best friends have been working together to look for the brunette's brother for years. They've asked around her old neighbourhood, checked with all nearby schools and begged her father for information but with no luck. His name is hidden so well, it's nearly as if he doesn't even exist.

But at last, she'll get his name. This could make her search incredibly easier. Her father finally decided that she's old enough to know the truth.

She has a hop in her step as she waves her friend goodbye and boards the bus. The journey goes by in the blink of an eye, her mind occupied by excitement.

She nearly skips home, face brightening at the sight of her house. As she gets closer, she slows down a bit. Something feels off.

She turns the door handle of the front door and the hairs on her body instantly stand erect. Her father never leaves the front door unlocked, he's quite big on safety.

She carefully pushes the door open, unconsciously holding her breath. "Dad?" she calls out cautiously.

Silence.

After a gulp, the girl's steps quicken. She throws the door for her living room open, sighing when it's empty. She turns toward the kitchen and feels even more on edge. "Dad?" she tries again, a little more softly this time.

When she gets no answer once again, she pushes the door to the kitchen open in one heavy shove. The door flies open, unlocking the most shocking sight the girl had ever seen in her life.

In front of her, on the floor, lies her father with his body straightened making it look like he was adjusted to be in that position by someone else.

And in his chest is a knife.

A pool of dark blood sits around the man and a red stain falls from the knife through his shirt.

She lets out a blood curdling scream before sprinting to his body. She places her hands around the kitchen knife lodged deep into his chest hesitantly. After getting a bit of blood smudged onto her hand, she immediately lets go. The girl can't seem to stop her rapid breaths.

Her only remaining parent, gone the same way as her mother. He meant the world to her. He can't leave like this.

She panickingly places her finger under his nostrils, praying to feel warm air.

She feels nothing.

She rubs her hands all over his face, desperate to feel any kind of warmth but all she can feel is ice cold. He must have been killed earlier in the day. Once the realisation settles in, the girl can't stop crying. She clutches her father's hand tightly, wishing he'd wake up and shout at her for hurting his hand. She wishes he'd wake up and tell her to eat a snack. She wishes he'd just wake up.