༻ 27 ༺

"Imma take you to 6 feet under,
And imma take you to 9 feet upper."
- Cigarette and Condom by Bibi

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

San's Resolution and Jongho's Wanderings pt. 1

5 Years ago

"There are two top students and they seem quite young and impressionable too," Seonghwa utters while sitting at a fireplace with Hongjoong in their home. "You think it's worth the effort? We don't even have other members as backup anymore," Hongjoong responds.

"Just do what you did to me," Seonghwa laughs, recalling how innocent he used to be before meeting Hongjoong. The younger sits up straight at the older's comment. "Wait, that's not too bad of an idea. It's settled, let's change the students' lives," he announces while standing up. Seonghwa's eyes widen at the sudden plan.

He stands up too, immediately walking to his shoes. "What should our disguise be?" he asks while tying his shoelaces. An evil grin grows on Hongjoong's face before he explains his plan.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Do you think you'll have time to study together in the library?" Jongho asks San while walking out of their last class together. They have been close friends ever since they began their science degree and now it's coming to an end, their final exams coming up fast.

The two boys have been at the top of their whole class for every one of these four years, San being first and Jongho being second. Neither of them ever got competitive with each other since they're so close, and no one has even gotten close to beating them. Their lecturers even say that they're smart enough to have graduated years ago, but their interest in science caused them to not skip any year.

They are both well aware that they don't even need to study to get the highest marks in the class as usual, but the only interest the boys have ever had is in science and research. Some would say they're crazy for this, and they study for fun.

"I don't see why not!" San enthusiastically answers, a huge smile on his face. Jongho returns the smile, excited to see what new thing the two might research today. San is Jongho's only friend, and Jongho is San's only friend. They even live together in a dorm on campus, making them feel nearly like brothers.

They may as well be brothers, as Jongho moved away from home after cutting all ties with his parents while San...his parents passed away a long time ago. They are all that they have anymore in terms of family and friends.

As they get closer to the library, their second home, they notice two men standing in front of the entrance, blocking their way. Both extremely awkward, San and Jongho share nervous glances between each other.

"Should we come back to the library later?" San whispers to his best friend. "Yeah, let's just study at the cafe for a while until those men leave," Jongho whispers back, getting a shiver down his spine when he sees the shorter man staring straight at them. They stand stiffly at the entrance and the two boys can already tell they're just pretending to speak to each other just to not look suspicious. It doesn't work, they look extremely suspicious.

The pair of friends quickly turn around to leave. One of the men standing at the library widens his eyes and stumbles their way. "Excuse me!" he shouts at the backs of the two students.