༻ 5 ༺

"In a world where you feel cold, you gotta stay gold."
- Stay Gold by Bts

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, get up."

Jihyun's mind slowly starts to wake up as her eyes follow suit. She blinks a few times to the silhouette of a man standing beside her. The dark room is dimly lit by a line of light leaking through the slightly open door.

"Is it the morning already?" Her raspy voice croaks out. "Not quite, we're all just having dinner now and Hongjoong has requested that you join us."

She focuses her mind to the quiet, mellow voice. Jongho?

"I'll be there in a few minutes." The girl begins her attempt at sitting up, only to realise it's useless when she hisses in pain. "I think you might need some help though," Jongho laughs warmly.

Jihyun hates this feeling. She absolutely despises being vulnerable, and in this situation her life is in danger too. She must always stay brave and never lose her composure. She tries to hush her racing heart, anxiety eating her up from the inside. Despite how kind Jongho is being, she can't help but feel something she hasn't felt in a long time.

Fear.

The feeling starts to fade rapidly however as she suppresses it once again. She must stay strong. She must do her job right and break free. The little twig of determination ignites again, and she feels herself going back to normal. Back to her usual self.

"Right, thanks," She confirms for Jongho. He nods and carefully helps her sit upright. He gently picks her up bridal style and softly places her into the wheelchair. "Luckily you can start moving by yourself very soon, maybe even in a day or two."

Relief washes over her at Jongho's words. She'll finally be able to take care of herself again, giving her a sliver of hope. He doesn't waste any more time as he starts pushing the wheelchair towards the door.

Jihyun flinches at the bright light in the hallways, shielding her eyes with her hand while they adjust. One thing that the girl has noticed is that there aren't any windows. She considers asking Jongho, but they both reach the entrance to another room before she can even open her mouth.

After only a few seconds of strolling, they arrive at the dining room. "Hongjoong insisted that you join us even though Yeosang and I told him that you should rest. Sorry about this," Jongho whispers, his tone apologetic.

Jihyun doesn't really know what to say. Either way, she's still been kidnapped by these men and her safety is at risk no matter where she goes in this building. She replies to Jongho with silence, but he seems to understand as he doesn't question anything.

He finally reaches out for the handle and pushes the door open. The pair are instantly greeted by a large rectangular table in the middle of a spacious room. On the walls hang artistic paintings, and at the table sit three men. The table seems empty with all the free spaces.

Her eyes land on Seonghwa who sits beside Hongjoong, while Yeosang sits alone on the other side. Jihyun's eyes meet Seonghwa's and her breath gets caught in her throat. She feels herself getting jumpy again, so she tears her attention away from him, ignoring his fierce gaze.

"Hello, Jihyun! Thanks for joining us!" The leader exclaims. She nearly scoffs, knowing that she didn't have a choice anyway. Jongho pushes her wheelchair beside Yeosang, and he takes a seat on the other side of her.

"How are you feeling now?" Yeosang kindly asks. She blinks up at him a couple of times, contemplating on whether to ignore him too or to give him a genuine answer. Her eyes hesitantly flicker around the room and she gets a sharp shiver down her spine from the piercing stares from everyone else.