Chapter 38

Madara's POV

"W-What?" My eyes widened at his words, completely stunned. No, he wouldn't...

"I am quite aware that you've heard my words perfectly." My father blinked at me coldly, his hard gaze never wavered.

How dare he... Why is he saying that?

I gulped, my throat feels dry all of the sudden, feeling the worry trickling down my skin. "Father, you have it all wrong."

"Do I? I will never back down with my word."

Still, I kept trying to budge him, doing anything I can to change his mind. "No, you wouldn't do this to me, father. S-She's my support! She gives me strength! Being with her helped me a lot as well, believe me!"

"I do not want to hear it. Will you approve it or not?"

"No!" I decline, anger is seeping through my mind at the same time growing desperate every second. "She is my friend, I will not–"

Father's voice boomed in the silent house, "Do not disgrace me! You are my blood and my child. Are you perhaps putting herself above you or the clan? Is that what I'm hearing, hm!?"

I shook my head, gritting my teeth in frustration. "No, father! This is not what I am meant to say! Please, listen to me... I have–" What? What am I supposed to say? "A proposition! No, a bargain, I must say."

He looked at me as if assessing the contents in my mind, "You're willing to strike a deal for a girl? I do not want to hear such pathetic concepts."

"It is not a pathetic concept!" I shouted, having enough of my father's crudeness. "It is a... a rule. No, it's a..."

My father simply scoffed at my pathetic excuse of a bargain, "You do not even know what you're saying. To begin with, you are left with no choice but to heed my words. Saving the girl for your selfish idealistic desire is a foolish thing, especially in times of war!"

What should I do? She can't just leave me... I can't leave her! She's mine, I like her. I don't want everything to end.

In the middle of a mental difficulty and decision-making, it was at that moment I realized how much I truly like her. How much I cherished our moments and our time together. Those many experiences I truly love. Our relationship lasted months, I don't want to end it just like that. I wanted our relationship to last many more years! My father never realized how much I considered her more than a friend.

Ara is a peculiar girl, and I like her. True, there are harsh times, but that is something exhilarating too! A symbol or a significant memory that brings us two closer despite our pain.

He has no right to meddle with my own business, I am no longer the boy he knew... Father should know any better than to interfere with something he has no part of.

"I refuse..."

As expected, my father's brow rose, "Hm?"

"I refuse for my relationship with Ara to end. I refuse to let you control my life! You said so yourself that distraction will only intervene in reaching our dream. Then, stay out of it! She is not a distraction, she is a part of my dream! My focus and concentration had never wavered, I am still an Uchiha who strives to win this war to achieve our goals. I never lost sight of anything. Yes, my hands are tainted, and I am always covered with blood during battles. I have killed and watched people die, I have seen the horrors of the war... I am no longer a boy!"

I stood up, glaring at my own father. I can feel the sharingan glowing in my eye, shining mighty red. At that moment, I knew that my sharingan had enhanced. It seems my eyes have developed a second tomoe.