Chapter 19

Ara's POV

"Hey, Tobirama."

The young Senju's brow rose, "Yes?"

"I have a question. It's about the... um, Uchiha clan." I watch his shoulders stiffen as I mentioned the name. "Since you've been at war against them for many years, what do you think of them?"

He looked at me, as if I grew two heads. "You're curious about them?"

I bit my lower lip and nodded, "I am very curious about a lot of things, but my attention is directed to this war. What can you say about them?"

Tobirama did not hesitate to answer, "Those Uchiha are a damnable clan... Their eyes are a sign of pure evil." His brows furrowed deeper and his expression darkened.

I gulped at the sudden tension, "I see... I mean, I did have simple conversations with few of them and..." They are nice but cruel people.

"And?"

Snapping back to reality, I cleared my throat. "I can't really say if they're cruel. They do see me as nothing of importance, so they don't really pay attention to me." Or so I thought.

"But if you're someone of importance, then they'll regard you as something. Either a foe or a friend, they'll always be cautious around you." He said, in a matter of fact tone.

My lips formed a straight line, "You are not wrong. I did see some–" I stopped myself. I've seen his comrades die by the hands of an Uchiha kid.

"What?"

I shook my head furiously, "No. Nothing."

His eyes narrowed at me, like he knows I'm acting suspicious. "Never mind, you had said yourself that you won't allow yourself to be anyone's spy. I will take that word, so I don't expect you to tell me about them. However, whatever you blurted out is not my fault. It is you who have said the secret you want to keep."

I immediately added, "Yes, I do know that. I will hold on to my promise forever." I can't tell him... I do not want to tell him that his men died. Maybe because he already knew what had happened to them. It has been days after all, it is expected that they won't return.

We finally reached the gate, he had given me the rewards earlier ago. I mounted the horse and settled myself in the saddle. I looked at him and nodded, "See you when there's a next time, Tobirama."

"Oh, there will be a next time. We need supplies, we happened to like your creations." He waved at me, "Elder brother was very excited to talk to you again, only to find out that he'll miss this chance due to work. Whatever you had said to him when you first went here probably excites him."

I laughed at his statement, "Is that so? Send him my regards, and tell him that I am someone that he should not think of anymore." And I don't want him to figure out my deep relationship with Madara.

His brow rose like he was confused but said, "Alright."

We bid each other farewell and I left, trotting the horse calmly as I played the flute. The soft music flows and rang throughout the empty roads and the eerie forest. I recalled the dark moments back at the Uchiha compound and I played the flute longer so that I won't get to recall it again.

Madara's POV

"It's good to see you again, Hashirama." I smirked, staring at the bowl-cut Senju in front of me.

Hashirama frowned at the sight of me, "Madara..."

"It seems we continue to have a ridiculously coincidental meeting. Do you remember that? When we end our silly friendship towards each other at the river. Our brothers and fathers clashed, and we coincidentally stopped our own fathers for killing our own brothers." I chuckled at the memory.