Prologue - "Oh no."

Tenzin sighed as he watched his brother cackling on top of the incoming ship.

"Yay Uncle Bumi's here!"

Tenzin rubbed his forehead in distress. "Great, now I have to entertain my brother."

Tenzin felt like his day couldn't get any more stressful, that is until a second figure appeared next to Bumi.

"Oh no..." Tenzin groaned

"YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Chai!" Tenzin's kids chered

Cackling right next to Bumi was a young teen girl. Her skin was a honey color a shade or two lighter than Bumi's, her face was heart-shaped with lovely round cheeks. She was dressed similarly to the Commander next to her. White fitted pants with a maroon red jacket, but the jacket was cropped stopping at the girl's waist. She stood out like a sore thumb but not because of her brazen attitude, no it was the girl's hair and eyes.

The girls' hair was light and golden just like the sun and her eyes were a rich amber color, like the sky when the sun started to set for the day. She looked like she had been touched by the sun itself.

The girl had her hair pulled back into a long fishtail braid that went past her shoulders and she had short bangs that just crested her eyebrows.

Although her coloring was strange and never before seen, she was still a beauty in her own way, a bright beauty many would say.

Tenzin placed a hand on his face sighing into his palm.

"Not only do I have to entertain my brother but his daughter as well."

As the ship docked, Bumi and the girl hopped off the ship landing on the docks.

Chai!" The little air bending children shouted darting over to their cousin.

"My mini airbenders!" Chai smiled, opening her arms for a hug.

Ikki and Meelo leaped at the girl attacking her with two fierce hugs. The force of the impact caused her to stumble backward but she took a step back catching herself from falling. With the two children securely in her hold, Chai spun around laughing as she hugged her cousins closer to her. She stopped spinning when Jinora approached, the oldest of the siblings calmly wrapping her arms around Chai's waist in a much less rambunctious hug.

When the hug-fest was over Chai set Meelo and Ikki down.

"Chai! Chai! How was your trip? Did you learn any more cool fighting moves? Did you change your hairstyle? How many new recruits have you beaten up?"

Chai chuckled at all of Ikki's questions. "Great. Yes, yes, and 33." She spoke answering all of Ikki's questions with ease.

When she was done with Ikki's various questions Chai looked to the others.

"Aunt Pema!"

Chai jogged over to the formerly pregnant woman, who was currently cradling her newborn.

"Ooooooh baby," Chai gasped looking at the baby with a starry-eyed gaze, "He's still wrinkly too." She got closer to the baby sniffing around him. "He's got that new baby smell too."

Pema gave a soft chuckle at Chai's comments use to the girl's eccentric nature.

"Uncle Tenzin!"

Tenzin put his arm out in front of him in a protective manner. "Chai! No, no-Chai!"

Chai pounced on her uncle knocking the poor older man on the ground.

"I missed you, Uncle!"

Chai smiled snuggling her face into her downed Uncle's chest.