9: The Game

The school's annual sports week starts on Monday. Chess and a bunch of fun games were where I signed up in. There are a lot of school events coming this year. Our student body officers were able to save a ton of money after last year's fundraiser. Unlike last year, the Christmas trip was canceled and so was the back to school dance, together with the Halloween party. (I know that's a lot)

Today, I had to go to the soccer field to watch Louis. It's just because I'm his fake girlfriend I'd normally watch his games. I first went by the boy's locker room, which I know I shouldn't be but, I'm not scared.

"Hey, good luck." I smiled at Louis, who was putting on his shoes.

Nobody was there so it was just the two of us.

"Thanks." He smiles, back.

I sat beside him on the bench as he was having trouble with his shoelace.

"Here, let me help you," I said, grabbing his feet.

I tied a knot and turned to Louis.

"You nervous?"

"Yeah."

"That equation Ms. Smith gave me, I got right."

"All because of you." He adds.

"You're an A+ student! It's not me, it's your brain." I chuckle softly, messing his hair as he laughed.

"Alright, gotta go!" he yells, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

I widened my eyes at his sudden action. Does he know that no one was here?

The game was finally starting. Toni's sitting in the middle. I see her blonde head, the back of her dove gray dress coat. I make myself look away. If Toni turns around, I don't want to be caught staring.

I sit down, and I'm taking off my coat and getting comfy in my seat. Louis waves at me and I waved back. Toni gave me a cold stare as I sat back. Her presence has punctured the game for me.

After the game, Louis and I went into a tea shop to rest.

"You were so great!" I gushed.

"Thanks." He smiles.

"I have a photoshoot before homecoming, by the way."

"What time? I'd pick you up after." Louis asked, holding up his teacup.

"I'll be done around 5:00, maybe."