2: The Deal

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT:

<A LOUIS PARTRIDGE FANFIC>

FIRST CHAPTER IS OUT ON NOV.30.2020

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I continually tapped my pen against my head, thinking the solution, or mainly the answer to this math problem that Ms. Smith asked us to answer over the weekend. I didn't get to answer because I don't get it, neither did Aunt Julie.

Ms.Smith started calling out names randomly to present their solution. To avoid copying each other's homework, she decidedly assigned us to random problems.

I had my eyes closed and fingers crossed under my table. Saying "Please don't be me" in my mind for a thousand times. Surprisingly, the bell had already rung and everyone else yelled in relief after not getting a chance to be called in front of the class.

After school I went straight to the diner, I looked around the place and noticed Louis' head in one of the booths.

"Ok, what do you want?"

He sighed nervously before he spoke.

"I need you to help me with something and it's gonna sound absurd at first. But I just need you to bear with me."

"No no. Mm-mm" I shake my head vigorously.

"I am not helping you with your science project again. Not after you electrocuted me last year."

"It was a very low voltage." He explained.

"I couldn't move my pinkie for a week!" I debated.

"Okay, that's not it but I need you to help me get Toni back."

"Louis, you two have broken up!" I yelled.

Most of the time when I see Toni and Louis together, I would wonder what made Louis like her, what part of her? He likes her so much that he even asked me on helping him get her back.

Louis isn't much of a serious person. Well, it depends on the situation. Considering that I do believe what he's asking me, I pretended not to. Just to be sure that he isn't messing with me.

I let out a scoff and laughed, "That's a good one."

I turned to Louis, who wasn't laughing with me.

"Why aren't laughing?" I stutter, in a nervous tone.

Puppy eyes started to form in his face. There's something about him that was so adorable. Like a corgi who wears pajamas but as a boy. Yup, that's him.

"Fine."

"Thank you!" he yells, squeezing me into a hug as he stood up from his side of the table.

"Okay. I need you to be my girlfriend." He demands.

I open my mouth to say an excuse and get out of this scenario.

"No. You can't take back what you said."

"I didn't know what you wanted me to do!" I yell.

"And yet, you said fine." He points out. I had run out of excuses to manipulate the situation but he was so damn right.

"This is the dumbest thing I've ever done."

"What about that time you tried to kiss my cat?"

"Okay. The second dumbest thing I've ever done."

"Why do I feel so nauseous?" I say, rapidly inhaling.

"Hey, calm down! It's gonna be okay."

"Can I get that in writing please?"

Louis continually comforted me, saying that we would an amazing fake couple. Everything he said didn't work. I was still freaking out that I had to be my best friend's girlfriend. But then, I realized that we were just going to pretend anyways.

"Listen, you guys have to relax and let me do what I do best," Louis says.

"Which is what? Stress me out?" I asked, slightly tilting my head as I took a sip from my milkshake.

"No. My handsome face and charm."

"Okay. Both of those words stress me out."