Chapter Eight

I wake up the next morning all on my own, full of glee. Today was the first Quidditch match, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor. I was excited to see Harry's first game as Seeker, but I also wanted Slytherin to win since it was my house. Even if I didn't want it to be.

I get out of bed and get dressed in casual clothing. A black sweater and jeans. I do my hair in a ponytail with the two strands of white hair lose and puts on my black winter boots. It was cold outside, so I grabbed a jacket and my Slytherin scarf.

I was on my way out of the common room when someone grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks. I turned around to see the Quidditch team captain, Marcus Flint. I looked at him, waiting for him to say something until he finally breaks the awkward silence.

"You're the Knight daughter, right?" He asks me. I nod nervously, waiting for what he might say to me.

"Heard you earned the house five points for fighting off a troll. Pretty cool for a first year." He tells me. I roll my eyes.

"Thanks." I respond, freeing my arm from his grip and walking to the Great Hall.

When I enter, I see Daphne already sitting down next to Blaise. I make my way over towards them and sit on the right of Daphne. I immediately started grabbing food for breakfast until Malfoy sits down next to me.

"Heard you fought off the troll yesterday?" He asks me.

"You heard correctly." I respond blandly, just trying to eat.

"Earned us five points, hm?"

"Yes, I did."

"Why did you have to fight off the troll, anyways?"

"I was saving my friend."

"I knew it. You're friends with the Gryffindor Mudblood."

This catches my attention, and I look up at him dropping my toast. I clench my fists angrily and stare at him with a hard expression.

"Don't call her that."

"So it's true then?"

"What?"

"That you saved Granger."

I look at him blandly and nod. He scoffs.

"I knew it. I can't believe you're friends with Gryffindors."

"I can't believe you're such a stuck-up git."

Malfoy looks at me with hard eyes and an embarrassed, angry look. He gets up out of his seat and walks away. I stay sitting in my seat with a proud expression placed upon my face. Daphne looks at me and smiles.

"Are you okay?" She asks me giggling. I look at her and smile.

"Never better, Daph." I respond, looking back down at my plate and staring at my food.

~

I'm sitting in the Slytherin section of the Quidditch field next to Daphne. The game is about to start when the annoying, stuck-up blonde haired git sits down in the empty chair next to me. I groan, but he ignores it. Thankfully, he ignores me.

"Now I want a clean match. From all of you." Madam Hooch, the Referee, announces to the two teams, glaring between Johnson and Flint.

I look at Harry and he looks terrified. I just wanted to yell to him that everything will be okay, but I can't, not with the Slytherin's surrounding me.

"Mount your brooms, please." Madam Hooch calls out as all of the players mount their brooms. Then, the whistle blows as the fourteen brooms zoom into the air. The crowd erupts into cheers. Madam Hooch kicks the crate releasing the two screaming Bludgers and tossing the Quaffle up into the air.