Chapter Two

"Come on, Lila. We can't be late." Mother yells at me.

The day is September 1st and I had just woken up from last nights sleep. I get out of bed and put a simple black dress on, one of my many black dresses I own. I do my hair in a neat ponytail leaving the two strands of white hair down in front of my face as I usually do. I put on a pair of black flats and one of the robes we bought from Madam Malkin.

I rush downstairs to the dining room and sit at the table. My seat is at the end of the table as my parents seats are across from each other.

When I sit down, Smiley, the house elf, comes and brings me French Toast, my favorite breakfast. Mother and Father are sitting down as well, waiting for me so we can eat. When we all have our food, we start to dig in.

"Come on, Lila. Hurry and eat, we can't be late." Mother repeats to me.

"I know, Mother. I'm eating as fast as I can. You know what happens if I eat too fast, I get a stomachache." I tell her and she nods. When I finally finish, Smiley takes my empty plate and gives me my luggage for this year.

"Smiley, did you pack everything?" I asked him.

"Of course I did, Lila." He tells me and I smile at him.

After a while of eating, my mother finally speaks up and breaks the silence at the table. "Let's go Lila. You have everything?" Mother asks me.

She has a nervous expression on her face, worried we'll miss the train.

"Yes, I have everything." I assure her, and she smiles and nods. We exit the door of the foyer and walk onto the porch. I link my arms with Mother and Father and the Apparate us to the train station.

~

When we arrive, Mother gestures for me to walk through the wall as I have before for my brother, Jackson. He left from Hogwarts when I was 5, and hasn't spoken to any of us since.

I walk through the wall and when I get across, I see the sign the reads Platform 9 3/4. When I look around me, I see students saying goodbye to their families. I keep studying around me when I see Mother and Father arrive on the Platform as well. When I keep looking around, I see who I have been looking for.

"Daphne!"

I run over to where the Greengrass' stood. Daphne looks at me and smiles. When I arrive by her I hug her and she hugs me back, both of us smiling. "Lila! It's good to see you!"

When we part, I see Astoria standing there.

"Hello, Astoria." I say to her. She's a year younger than both of us, so she won't be attending Hogwarts this year.

"Hi Lila." She says to me smiling. I smile back at her and look back at Daphne.

"Want to sit by each other on the train?" I ask her, and her smile quickly fades.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I already told Blaise I'd sit by him. You remember Blaise, right?" She asks me and I nod.

My family did business with the Zabini's a while ago and I remember hanging out with Blaise. He was pretty quiet and didn't say much, which always made me uncomfortable.

"Oh, okay. It's fine, I'll just sit by someone else." I say to her and she nods. My parents walk over towards us holding my luggage.

"Lila, go put your luggage away on the train. Then, come back here." Father tells me, and I nod.

I walk over to go put my luggage away, struggling for it to fit, when two identical twins approach me.

"Hello there, mate." The first boy says grabbing my attention. I look at the both of them and smile.