Chapter Sixty Two

It had been almost a month now since the Yule Ball, the anxiousness and fear of the second task now settling in after neglecting it for so long.

I still haven't figured out what it was, opening the egg and trying to figure out what the task could be every time I enter the girls dormitory, much to my dormmates displeasure. 

Rita Skeeter almost got Hagrid sacked, selling him out for being a half-giant, which no one besides half of the Slytherins care about. 

We had a substitute Care for Magical Creatures teacher, who let us work on unicorns. I'll admit, it was nice for a change, not working on disgusting animals like Skrewts, but when Harry almost yelled at Hermione for saying the class was fun without Hagrid, none of us spoke any more on the matter. 

Harry and I have come to the agreement that we will give each other helpful tips and hints on what the next tasks might be, but never say what we could do or what it is directly. 

Ronald and I have been dating, yes, but we have done subtle things, not really showing affection in public. 

I'll help him with his homework, we'll work together in the library, sit together in some classes and in the Great Hall for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I even use Harry's Invisibility Cloak to sneak into the Gryffindor common room and hang out with Hermione, Harry, and Ronald. 

Malfoy and Pansy are dating now, as well, meaning Pansy wasn't lying. But they're disgusting; snogging every chance they get, all over each other in the Slytherin common room. Pansy randomly sits on his lap and plays with his hair, kissing his neck as he talks to us, calling him stupid nicknames like "Drakey". 

The only good part about it, however, is making fun of Malfoy for it when Pansy's not around with Daphne and Blaise.

~

I play with the food on my plate at dinner, hearing Daphne, who was on my right, tell a story about how her grandfather, Damian, once blew up his owl, making Blaise, who was on Daphne's right, loose his appetite. 

Pansy was clinging onto Malfoy's arm from across the table, her arm looped through his, feeding him food, making me want to throw up. 

"...and Malina, his owl, her guts went everywhere! All over the walls, on the windows, everywhere! It was disgusting!" Daphne exclaims, taking a bite of the roasted chicken on her plate. 

"Why did he even blow her up in the first place?" Blaise asks, a look of disgust on his face, but still looking intrigued in the story. 

"I don't know." Daphne shrugs. "Probably has something to do with the fact that he's loony. All about the Pureblood supremacy rubbish and was one of the Dark Lord's most trusted and closest followers. But, when Potter got rid of him, Grandpa Damian almost lost his mind."

"Can you not talk about that when me and Drakey are trying to eat?" Pansy asks, giving Daphne a revolted look. "For Merlin's sake."

"Actually, it'd be Drakey and I." I correct, biting down on my lip to stop myself from laughing, and I hear Blaise choke on his drink, covering his mouth with the back of his hand to prevent his laughter. 

"What?" Pansy asks, giving me a frustrated look, Malfoy glaring at me. 

"Well, you said me and Drakey." I state, struggling to hold back my laughter. "But, in that sentence, it would be Drakey and I."

Blaise then broke out into a fit of laughter, and me and Daphne look at each other, locking eyes, throwing us off the verge and into a fit of laughter as well, all of us a chuckling mess. 

"Bloody hell." Malfoy mutters, rolling his eyes. "Can you guys shut up for once?"

But we were laughing the rest of dinner, much to Malfoy and Pansy's annoyance. When the meal was over and we were dismissed from the Great Hall, the lot of us made our way to the Slytherin common room, Pansy and Malfoy walking in front of us, Pansy clinging on to Malfoy's arm like it was her lifeline.