Chapter Eighty Six

Today was September first, the day we would be returning to Hogwarts.

Now, usually, I would be excited and happy to be returning back to school. But knowing that I have to mend a Vanishing Cabinet, bring Death Eaters into the school, and kill Dumbledore, all in this school year, I wasn't excited in the slightest.

I had been thinking about the Horcruxes, and realized that Tom Riddle's diary was a Horcrux, and it was already destroyed. Harry was also a Horcrux- which was just a theory- and Voldemort was already trying to kill him while unknowingly trying to kill a part of himself. He had one with him, and one that Dumbledore wouldn't ever kill. What could that be?

I decided that I would try to figure out all of them, perhaps even try to destroy them. Except for Harry; I didn't know what to do about that.

Narcissa, Malfoy, and I all apparated to the Platform together, and Narcissa spent minutes cooing over her son before saying her quick departure to me and leaving.

Malfoy and I boarded the train, him finding a compartment and I peeked inside of it, spotting Blaise already inside, reading over a letter with furrowed brows.

Without knocking, Malfoy opened the door and shoved himself inside of the compartment, putting his luggage and mine on the rack above the seats and sitting on the bench across from Blaise, all the way by the window.

Blaise's head snapped up, and his eyes darted between me, who was still standing at the entrance of the compartment, and Malfoy, before his lips broke out into a grin.

"Hello, Lila!" He greets enthusiastically, and I give a small laugh as he stands up, wrapping his arms around me. "How have you been?"

"As fine as I can be." I say, shrugging, my smile gone now. Blaise pulled away and gave me an empathetic look, before sitting back down and looking at Malfoy, who was scowling. "Where's Daphne?"

"In a compartment with Astoria." Blaise says. "She's getting all of the news about her boyfriend and all of that."

"Astoria has a new boyfriend?" Malfoy asks, his expression unreadable, and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Yup." Blaise confirms, nodding.

"Okay, well, I'm going to her compartment." I tell them. "See you guys later-"

Malfoy had shot up out of his seat and seized my left forearm, pulling me back, and I gave him a scowl, snatching my arm back. He shook his head with a glare full of hatred on his face.

"You're to sit here with us." Malfoy demands. "You have to stick with me, remember?"

"I don't have to." I state, giving him a deathly look. "I just want to go and say hello to my friend-"

"You won't, and you know why." He says quietly, giving me a knowing look, and I glanced at Blaise, who didn't seem to hear the last part.

Malfoy sat back in his seat and, reluctantly, I sat down beside him, frowning deeply. The train had started moving now and I couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts.

As if it couldn't get any worse, a knock on the compartment door was heard, and I turned my head to see Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle all standing there, and Blaise motioned for them to come in. I groaned loudly as Pansy took the seat next to me, Crabbe and Goyle sitting by Blaise with Crabbe in the middle.

They all started to talk about their summers, me tuning out so I didn't have to hear the incredibly annoying voice of Pansy Parkinson. After about twenty minutes, another knock could be heard from the door, and we turned our heads to see a third year girl standing there, looking very nervous as she stared at us with wide eyes full of terror. I glanced at Blaise in confusion as he shrugged and slid the door open, the girl stumbling inside.