Chapter Forty Four

School has been getting harder, the teachers piling on much more work, despite us just returning from holiday vacation. 

Today was Thursday, my favorite day of the week, because I only had Defense Against the Dark Arts and Divination, which are very fun, and lessons with Lupin at 8 every Thursday night. 

We started working on Salamanders in Care for Magical Creatures, which are not my favorite creatures to be honest. We would be continuing our Palmistry unit today and I was very excited. 

The nightmares had stopped and the fear disappeared, or lessened, a little bit. I would go out to the Courtyard with the twins, go to the Black Lake with Daphne and Blaise, or go to Hagrid's hut with Harry, Hermione, and Ronald. 

I woke up to bright light shining through my window, making me groan and squint my eyes as I cover them, getting out of bed and closing the blinds. 

I was alone in the dormitory meaning everyone else had already left. I look at the clock and see it was still pretty early in the morning as I got up and started to get dressed for the day.  

I put on my uniform, slipping on my robes as I walk over the vanity. I pull my hair back in a French braid and left the two strands of white hair falling down in front of my face. I put on mascara, some eyeshadow, concealer to hide the bags, blush, and lip gloss for my chapped lips. 

I slip my watch on my left wrist and my charm bracelet on my right, admiring it with a small smile before packing my bag and slinging it around my shoulder, exiting the dorm and making my way to Defense Against the Dark Arts. 

After our first class of the day, I was about to exit the class, before I hear Lupin call out.

"Harry, Lila, could you two stay back for a moment? I need to talk to the two of you." Lupin asks, more like commands, but in a comforting tone. We both nod and wait for all of the students to leave, Hermione sending us a "good luck" look. 

"Harry, I need to talk to Lila for a moment, is that okay?" Lupin asks him. Harry nods and mumbles an "of course" before going and standing by the door quietly. I walk up to Lupin's desk and he stands up, giving me a warm smile.

"Is something wrong, Professor?" I ask him, and I see him flinch slightly when I call him Professor, which I found quite odd. I brushed it off as he shakes his head.

"No, nothing's wrong. I just wanted to inform you we'll be having our next lesson tonight in the History of Magic classroom." He informs me. I give him a smile and a nod before exiting the classroom, seeing Hermione waiting by the door alone. 

"Where's Ronald?" I ask her.

"Where's Harry?" She asks, ignoring my previous question. 

"In there still. Lupin wanted to talk to us separately." I tell her.

"Do you think you could have like, a vision or something? To, you know, hear the conversation?" Hermione asks. I quickly shake my head.

"It's never worked like that before. I don't know how to force a vision and I definitely don't know how to use a vision to eavesdrop." I answer with a shrug. 

We waited a few more minutes before Harry exited the classroom and the three of us made our way to Divination, getting in a heated conversation about the class. 

"Hermione, if you're that bothered by the class, then just drop it." Harry suggests, Hermione letting out an aggravated sigh.

"No! I am not dropping the class, no matter how much I hate it. If I want a good future I need to take all classes possible." Hermione states, pointing her chin up high, forcing me and Harry to muffle our chuckles with our hands. Hermione must've heard, though, because her head turned back to us and she rolls her eyes.