Chapter Forty Three

We arrive at Hogwarts, getting off of the train and grabbing our luggage, the sky pitch black with tiny bits of light emitting from the stars. We trudge our way to Hogwarts, almost every student tired, and enter the Great Hall where the students who stayed over break already sat. 

I sit down in front of Daphne and Blaise, who were in a deep conversation with one another, when Malfoy takes a seat on my right. I roll my eyes and watch as Professor Dumbledore takes a step at the front of his podium and starts to speak. 

"Welcome back, boys and girls, to Hogwarts! I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday, spent with family and friends and all of the people whom you love. But we are back at Hogwarts and tomorrow is the start of a new term! Now, enough of my chatter, dig in!" Dumbledore announces, the students not hesitating to dig into the feast. 

"Lila, I see you're wearing the watch I got you." Daphne notices, pointing at the accessory on my left wrist. 

"Yes, thank you, by the way. It's very pretty." I tell her, earning a grin in return. 

"Did you like the Pumpkin Pasties I got you?" Blaise asks me, and I turn to grin at him, noticing the silver chain around his neck. 

"Yes, of course. I didn't finish them all, though." I respond, all of us being silent for the rest of the meal, besides the small conversations and giggles coming from Daphne and Blaise. 

We all soon finish the food and exit the Great Hall, walking down to our common rooms. But before I could go down with the rest of my house, someone grabs my arm and pulls me back underneath a staircase. I turn around and see the familiar brown haired boy with his redheaded best friend.

"Harry, Ronald, hello. What's this about?" I ask them both. They glance at each other before Harry pulls out a cloak from behind his back. 

"We want you to sneak into the Gryffindor common room. No one will notice, because everyone usually just goes to bed after dinner." Harry explains, earning an uneasy look from me. Ronald must've noticed, because he spoke next. 

"Look, we knew you might be nervous, but it'll be fine. We have so much to tell you and it can't wait." Ronald says, Harry nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, it's urgent." Harry agrees. My eyebrows raise and my jaw drops slightly. 

"Is there a problem or something?" I ask them, both of them nodding.

"Yes, a huge problem." Ronald confirms. I sigh and nod, both of them grinning as I pull the cloak over my head and my body disappears, Ronald gasping in awe as we exit underneath the stairs. 

We walk through the halls, me following behind Harry and Ronald up the stairs until we reach the Gryffindor common room, Harry and Ronald saying the password as they enter, me following close behind them. 

They were correct, the common room was in fact empty, besides Hermione. But once she saw Harry and Ronald watching her with scowls on their faces, she rolls her eyes and shuts her book, exiting the common room, leaving us completely alone. I take off the cloak and reveal myself to Harry and Ronald. 

"Why were you two giving Hermione those faces?" I ask them both, making them roll their eyes at the mention of the girl.

"That's what we came to talk to you about, the thing that was urgent. Harry, tell her." Ronald orders, Harry nodding and looking at me. 

"You know how my broom got destroyed in the Whomping Willow?" I nod. "Right, well on Christmas, I got a Firebolt." 

"No way." I gasp in awe. They both nod. 

"Yeah, but Hermione came and started assuming it was from Sirius Black, so she recommended we turn it into McGonagall." Harry continues.

"Did you?" I ask him.