Chapter Fifty Eight

I stand in the corner of the large white tent, picking at the flesh on my lips as I watch the others around me. 

Fleur was sat on a stool in another corner of the room, her face pale and clammy. She looked very nervous and was playing with her nails. 

Krum was sulking more than usual, sitting on a stool as well, not looking up from the spot on the ground he seemed very interested in.

Cedric was pacing up and down, back and fourth, running his hands through his hair. It was very distracting, and I wanted to shout at him to stop so I could think of all the spells I had practiced over the weekend. 

And Harry; Harry wasn't even here yet. The one person that knew how scared I was, ten times more scared than Fleur, Krum, and Cedric combined, wasn't even here yet. 

But there was Bagman, who was grinning in the chair he sat in, looking rather excited. 

I was sure I looked a mess. I hadn't slept in a few days, I hadn't ate much, and I didn't even bother to put on makeup today. 

The skin on my lips was dry and chapped and probably looked disgusting after how much I picked at it out of nerves. My hair was in a braid, the two strands of white hair falling in front of my face. 

I was sure the only thing that looked well put together was my new Slytherin Quidditch styled robes I was wearing. 

My parents were in the audience and I had already said hello to them. They told me to calm down but I couldn't, their words sounding more like they had been speaking to themselves.

Then Harry walked in and we met eyes, him giving me a small smile as I let out a breath of relief. He wore a similar outfit to me, just a Gryffindor version, and Cedric a Hufflepuff version.

"Harry! Good-o!" Ludo greets happily when he spots him. "Come in, come in, make yourself at home!" 

I just noticed Ludo was wearing his old Wasps uniform, probably one of the reasons he was so excited.

"Well, now we're all here, time to fill you in!" Ludo says brightly, grinning. "When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag-" he held up a small sack of purple silk and shook it. "-from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different- er- varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too... ah, yes. Your task is to collect the golden egg!" 

I stared blankly at him, eyes wide as I comprehend his sentence. I nod slightly after a few moments and walk towards Harry, grabbing his arm and looking at him.

"If this is the last time I talk to you, just know it was an honor to be your friend." I whisper to him, my voice barely audible in fear that if I was to talk any louder I would puke.

"Don't talk like that." Harry says in the same tone I spoke in.

"That's what you're choosing as your final words to me?" I ask.

"No, I-" He sighs. "-fine. It was great being your friend, Lila Knight." 

"And yours, Harry Potter." 

The sound of students footsteps and laughter filled our ears, and we turn to see Ludo's grin grow, if that was even possible. We all walk towards him and he holds out the bag, looking at us.

"Ladies first." He says. 

Fleur sticks in a shaking hand into the bag, not long after she does bringing it back out. A miniature version of a Welsh Green sat in her palm, and she didn't look surprised, more determined.