Chapter 35

~Tristan's P.O.V.~

I start yelling through the phone. "Well, what the hell am I supposed to do, Bonnie?! I can't kill that Purple Guy on my own, I've only come across him once. Once!"

"Relax, Tristan, calm down. I'm sure Sophie's fine, okay? She's not just gonna die and leave you," Bonnie assures me. I want to believe him, but honestly, I'm not so sure.

"Bonnie, I love her, and now she's going to die before I even get the chance to tell her," I say, looking down at the floor, tears in my eyes. "No.. Don't say that," he says quietly. "She's fine, and as soon as she gets her memory and opens her eyes, she'll jump right into your arms, and you can tell her that you love her."

I nod, though Bonnie can't see it. "You're right," I say, trying to force myself to believe what he's telling me. "Alright, Tristan, go in her room and see if she's awake, and if she has her memory back. If she does, you can tell her how you feel, okay? Good luck, come back to the restaurant when you're ready," he says, hanging up the phone. I put my phone back in my pocket and walk back down the dark hallway, towards Sophie's room.

I look in the window and see no one there, only Sophie, who's laying in bed, playing on her phone. I take a deep breath and pull open the door, and then close it behind me. Sophie, who has earbuds in and can't hear me, continues to scroll through something on the screen. 

I walk up to her, and only then does she notice me. She sees me and smiles. 

"Tristan! I'm so glad you're here!" she says, sitting up and hugging me. She looks much better now - her stitches and wounds are mostly healed. I lean down and hug her back. "You look pretty," I say, making her blush. 

"Listen, I.. I'm sorry for forgetting you earlier. The medicine.. It was doing crazy things to my head. I didn't know. I'm sorry," she says, looking down. I hug her again. "It's fine, Sophie, I knew you'd remember me," I assure her. "I have something to tell you." She turns her head and stares into my eyes, the hazel color of her own eyes making my heart race. "Yes?"

I smile and grab her hand. "Sophie," I say, looking down. I can still feel her staring at me, even if I'm not looking at her. "I love you."

She smiles and blushes. Then, she leans over and kisses my cheek. "I love you too, Tristan," she says. The doctor then comes in and looks at her. "How do you feel?" he asks. She nods. "I feel fine, can Tristan take me home..? I'm tired and want to see my friend." The doctor nods and takes the tubes and needles out of her arms. Since she's too weak to walk, I pick her up and bring her outside. 

Instead of heading the way back to the restaurant, I head the other way. "Isn't the restaurant the other way..?" she asks, her arms around my neck. "I'm taking you somewhere," I say, carrying her towards the town park.

A few hours later, we're sitting on the park bench, watching the sunset. I helped her walk again, so now she's fine on her own. She rests her head on my shoulder and watches the sun with me. "It's beautiful," I hear her quietly say. I look over at her, put my fingers under her chin, and lift her head. "Just like you," I say. She smiles, and when she's not expecting it, I lean down and kiss her lips, something I've never done to any girl before. 

"Have you ever ben kissed?" I ask her after the kiss is over. She nods.

"A few times. In seventh grade, but then.. He broke up with me, just randomly one day. Eight years since and I still can't figure out why he did it. I haven't even had a date since then," she says, her face turning red with embarrassment. "It's okay," I say. "I've never been on a date at all. Never kissed anyone either."

She smiles. "Well then, I'm honored to be your first."

Once the sun set completely, Sophie and I walk to the restaurant. "I'm too scared to go home again," she says, getting closer to me and shivering. "He knows where I live, he'll find me again. Please, can I stay at the restaurant with you guys?" 

I nod and put my arm around her as we walk. "Yes, you can stay. Freddy's the leader, and he loves you. So does Foxy, so they'll let you stay. They can't say no to you. Not possible." 

She nods and puts her head on my shoulder.

Once we get to the pizzeria, I bring her to Parts and Service with me. I change to animatronic form, look at her, and pull her on top of me, my fake fur keeping her warm. I put my arms around her, and we both fall asleep.

~Freddy's P.O.V.~

I hear footsteps in the hallway leading to Parts and Service, so I decide to go have a look in there to see if everything is okay. I push open the door and see Sophie, sleeping on top of Tristan, seemingly peaceful. I smile when he opens his eyes and looks at me, but on the inside I feel a pang of jealousy. Why does she like him? What does he have that I don't?

I thought I was her favorite.. I thought Foxy and I have always been her favorite, me being her top favorite. She loved me ever since she was little..

~Flashback~

"Freddy!" little five year old Sophie called, running up to the stage. Freddy jumped down from the stage, even though he was in the middle of a song, and ran to the front of the restaurant to greet her. All of the rest of the kids were surprised by this, even their parents, so the whole place was silent. Everyone thought that he animatronics didn't have facial recognition, and they didn't. But, Sophie was special to Freddy. She used to draw him pictures and tell him every day that he was her favorite. One time, she even sneaked up onto the stage while the curtains were down crawled under them. She then pretended to play with Freddy, despite him being shut down. 

Right before she left every time she came to the pizzeria, she would give Freddy a huge hug. He knew he couldn't react, wasn't supposed to move, but he knew he couldn't take it any longer. He was going to remember that girl for the rest of his life.

One day, he jumped off of the stage and ran to greet her. The day that his secret was exposed. This day was part of the reason that the old restaurant was closed down, because everyone was afraid of what Freddy could do. And after the Bite of '87, well.. Nobody trusted the animatronics anymore. It was all Freddy's fault. But he didn't care. 

Sophie was getting older and older each day it seemed, until she finally turned eight and stopped coming to the restaurant. Freddy would scan the crowd's faces every day, trying to find her, but he never did. Marissa was friends with Sophie, and she soon told Foxy that Sophie had gone off to Massachusetts for college. Freddy overheard this, and he broke down in tears. The only girl he had loved at the time was leaving him.

Until she decided to come back..

~Flashback End~

I did miss Sophie. A lot, more than anything. Each day, sadness and misery took over me, and that's why I treated the others so poorly. That was why I killed Bonnie that one time. Why I always yelled at and hurt Foxy. 

I just wish I never did it.

But the day Sophie came back.. The world seemed better. She looked much different from when I last saw her at her eighth birthday party that she had at the pizzeria. After that, she didn't come back for me. I still recognized her, though, from her long straight hair and hazel eyes. She even told me I was her favorite when she first got here.

That's when I knew she had come back to me.

And now, her being with Tristan is ruining me. It feels like every second that they're together, a piece of me is dying. I lost Marissa to Foxy. I got over her. But that was different. I never thought I'd see Sophie again, ever.

I'm not going to feel the same as I did when I lost Marissa. Because losing Sophie would be much worse. Thank God I'm not going to let it happen.

I have to make up a lie to break Tristan and Sophie up..

She'll be mine one day, I swear it. Even at the cost of Tristan's life.