chapter 4: The Box opens

Izuku paced nervously about his room as he double and triple checked he had everything sorted. Book cabinet locked, laptop in his bag, TV off, clothes packed and importantly tickets in his pocket. It had taken a few weeks for things to settle down so to speak after Michael's last visit, of course it couldn't fully, it was hell after all. The ones going were Charlie, himself, Vaggie and surprisingly a human.

[Flashback, 4 days ago.]

It was an ordinary day at Happy Hotel or as most called it, Hazbin Hotel as a way to mock Charlie and her efforts. Baxter was causing explosions, Nifty was off cleaning somewhere while Cherrybomb and Angel was off gambling in one of the unused rooms with Alister and Lucifer. Izuku was at the main desk with Vaggie while Charlie was sorting paper work for a potential redeemed soul called Loona, a werewolf who decided she was sick of having to watch her back.

"Hey, watch this." Vaggie grinned as she scrunched up a flier for the pizza place down the road, not that anybody would care they made terrible pizza, and tossed it across the room, landing it neatly in the bin by the door which lead to the dining room. "Score!"

"Nice shot." Izuku grinned as he high fived the moth demon.

"Oh yeah, I'm awesome." Vaggie smirked smugly as the main doors opened and Charlie's pre recorded song, "Inside every demon is a rainbow" began to play before Vaggie punched the recording machine in agitation. Alister had figured out it could be set off multiple times at once and proceeded to swing to door about like the madman he was.

"Hi, welcome to Happy Hotel." Izuku smiled cheerfully as a bird headed being with a small humanoid yet still bird headed shadow sat on his shoulder.

"Greetings dark prince of torture. I appear to of entered into this realm of nightmare, shadows and sin by accident while dark shadow reveled in the dark, may I inquire as to your policy on living mortals?" The young man, obvious by the voice, asked in a dramatic and raspy tone.

"You're alive?" Vaggie asked with a raised eyebrow. "Quirks are getting weirder and weirder I tell you." She added with an annoyed eye roll.

"We don't really have a problem with them, or well most of us in the hotel anyway." Izuku admitted, tactfully ignoring the prince of torture line as usual. Ever since Katie Killjoy had revealed his existence at the hotel the citizens of hell had two main reactions, firstly horror at a cenobite being inside the city limits, the second being to laugh at the idea of a cenobite wanting redemption. "May I ask your name?"

"I am Tokoyami and this is my companion Dark shadow, a manifestation by my quirk of my inner darkness." The teen replied dramatically.

"Hi." Dark shadow grinned calmly.

"One second then." Izuku stated as he turned to the computer. The device was linked to the Hell registry and had a list of all current and future residents of hell that currently lived. After a few moments he finally pulled up the correct file. "Lets see, you're heaven bound atleast so You shouldn't have need of the hotel no major sins asides being overly dramatic and once pushing a girl over who called you a feathered freak. You're all good." Izuku stated with a thumbs up.

"So, what can we help with?" Vaggie asked, slumped in resignation.

"Is there transportation back to the human world?" Tokoyami asked while dark shadow nodded rapidly.

"Not exactly, you end up down here it's for ever." Vaggie shrugged.

"Well Michael sama did give us those tickets." Izuku stated. "I can use my spare one so he can get back home."

"You are too bloody noble." Vaggie sighed with a shake of her head.

"There is a catch, there must be, no prince of torture would ever do such for no blood price." Tokoyami becried.

"No, just be a good person." Izuku stated making those present sweatdrop at his honest reply.

"I shall serve you forever!" Tokoyami declared loudly as he bowed, his beak slamming into the ground. "Would you prefer goat or cow blood oh prince of torture?!"

"Why me?" Izuku chuckled as his hair caught on fire, the green flames only really showed up if he was experiencing an extreme emotion, in this case, embarrassment, while on the balcony above, hidden in the shadows, Alister's grin grew shark like before returning to his game of poker, after all, he had to make sure he fully cleared them out, even if it meant getting shot by Angels Tommy gun again.

[Back to present.]

A soft knocking at his door gained his attention. Of all beings in the hotel only Charlie, himself, Vaggie and Alister actually bothered knocking. Angel dust, Cherrybomb and Baxter just slammed or booted the door open.

"Come in." He called while he continued to go over everything on his list. A nervous habbit of his was constantly rechecking everything.

"You all excited to get back to earth?" Charlie asked with a small smile. Unlike her usual outfit choices of either the hotel uniform or a red and black set of formal clothing.

"Nervous, actually." Izuku sighed as he closed the lid on his suitcase. "I've been dead over a month, it's going to freak someone out, especially if we come across aunt Mitsuki."

"It'll be fine." Charlie smiled as she sat down next to him on the bed. "I'll make sure of it."

"Thanks." He gave a nervous chuckle as a familiar tune reached his ears. "I just hope nothing bad happens up there."

"Come on, we're leaving now." Charlie smiled as she god up with a skip in her step. "I can't wait to see what earth has to hold!"

[On earth]

Momo could only shake in fear at the beings that came out of the shadows. The music box puzzle had been a trap, a horrible trap. Even the smallest of them had shrugged off being shot by the security on the grounds and the less said about what they did with the staff she made using her quirk the better.

She ran downstairs, hoping to get out of the house and hopefully away from the creatures that appeared. Abruptly she stopped at the bottom of the stairs. Her parents, mangled bloodied and twisted almost beyond recognition laid in a growing pool of blood, her mother's diamond nails quirk still active. Standing above them was a tall figure with pail bluish white skin, eyes as black as ink. Their body was covered in scars from cuts, punctures, burns and other unidentified wounds and means. Their body was wrapped in glosy black leather and chains, with six bloody rectangles cut through it and the beings chest. A grid of cuts about an inch apart each adorned their head with four inch long nails driven through each intersection of the patern.

"You have called so we have arrived. Come child, we have such sights to show you."