omake 4

Darkest Hero

Hello boils and ghouls and welcome to the 3 year anniversary of Darkest Hero, to celebrate this and Halloween I bring you all an omake.

Omake 4; Halloween

All through UA macabre decorations were hung from the rafters and jack-o'-lanterns were perched at each corner. The school staff had dressed in costumes playing off of their normal hero costumes or quirks. Vlad King had dressed as a vampire, Aizawa as a mummy and Present Mic as a siren just to name but a few. However it being Halloween had lead to a slight clash of cultures between the human staff and students and those of a more supernatural nature. While the humans chose to dress up, trick or treat and watch scary movies the supernatural among them had honoured a age old tradition, one which had started back in the 20th century, the dance of the Pumpkin King.

Currently the majority of those involved in the supernatural and most of class 1A was getting ready in a spare storage room off the side of gate 3 onto the campus, the golden animatronic bear that resided in there having been tied in chains for the occasion to keep it in place.

"We all set?" Charlie asked as she nervously adjusted the small tiara that rested upon her head. She disliked such things but it was important to represent her family and the circles of hell that they ruled over for this occasion.

"We're just waiting on the arrival of the scarecrow." Vaggie replied absently as she helped Tokoyami and Dark shadow go over their lines once again.

"It's down the street, the concession is almost here so places everyone!" Alister called as he clapped his hands together. The class scrambled to make final touch ups and preparations before rushing to their positions.

In his office Nezu grinned to himself as he rubbed his paws together. "Knock em dead Jack."

A unnatural mist courtesy of Shoto's ice wafted through the air as music was played by a marching band of cenobites, one of the members holding aloft a stuff scarecrow with a pumpkin head tied to a crucifix. Lights around campus minus those nearest to the concession were flicked off, only turning on again once the concession was near to them under direction of Vaggie and Loona who had been given access to the controls by Nezu for the night.

"Boys and girls of every age

Wouldn't you like to see something strange?" Pinhead started the song, his face set in a dour expression as they passed through the gates ignoring the paparazzi that followed them recording everything.

"Come with us and you will see

This, our town of Halloween" Angelique half sung as she avoided looking anywhere but straight ahead, she'd rather of been allowed to stay in Labyrinth and engrave her exposed skull but her idiot boyfriend pissed her mother off and got them both in trouble.

"This is Halloween, this is Halloween

Pumpkins scream in the dead of night" tsuyu sang as she sat atop one of the many lamps that dotted the campus, her usually green centric wardrobe having been replaced with blacks and neon yellows giving her the appearance of a poison dart frog.

"This is Halloween, everybody make a scene

Trick or treat 'til the neighbors gonna die of fright" Monoma sung in his usual smug way, his face half obscured behind a phantom of the opera mask and his body hidden in a black cloak.