Hopelessness

Rachels PoV:

" Rachel, is Colleen okay, we can't get in contact with her?"

" Mom, she's lying in my arms, crying, what should i do" I choked out.

"Keep watching her, we will be over soon"

Then Colleen whispered, "tell mom to come by herself"

"Ok" I nodded at Colleen's hopeless face that was covered in tears. We were still on the floor for the next long hour, I didnt know what to say to a girl who's love of her life just got killed so unexpectedly.  It was terrible.  When my mom came, she rushed over and I let go of Colleen. Mom hugged her for a while and then Colleen asked, " What am I supposed to do for the rest of my life mom, we had our whole life planned out, get married, have kids, and... and.... grow old together.." she covered her face in her hands again. Mom said " Its alright, you can get through this, we all believe in you." " I.. I think I just want to be left alone for awhile.." Colleen muttered.  "Are you sure?" I said.   "Mhm" Colleen nodded.  So mom and I got our stuff together and left.  On the way out, mom stopped and said, " We know that Colleen will never be herself again, but we cant let this take over her life, and the worst thing she might do, is..... is join him." " So take care of her and watch over her, okay Rachel?  " Of course, i will mom, but i dont know what to do about work, or how she is gonna keep living their, by herself."   " I'm sure she will find a way" I said with a hug.