Chapter 20

Draco's POV

Hermione's behavior became more suspicious day by day. But the thing that made me confused was she flinched when I mentioned Pansy. We were having lunch when I suddenly said that I love Pansy. They were shocked to hear that. And I think a few couldn't help but pity me. I kept eating not minding them. A thought nags in my mind that she is still alive.
Two months has passed after her death. And here I am still not believing that she died. Things were returning to normal. Most of the people have forgotten that my girlfriend died. And my friends the awkward cloud around us was dissipateting.

I lazily roam in the corridor, the scarf tied loosely around my neck. It was cold here. I walked up to the training grounds where a familier figure caught my attention. It was Hermione talking with Millicent. What she was doing here, this is her least favourite place she only comes when the friends are in quidditch practice or have matches. I could hear bits of their conversation when I walked close to them. "doubting, careful, Pansy" were the only words I could make out. I was about to turn and go when I heard Millicent say something which almost made me faint. "Pansy's mood swings are becoming worse, I think we should arrange a visit soon"

I feel numb. I ran to my dorm. She was alive. But why she faked her death. A lot of questions started to run in my head. I needed to confront Hermione. What the hell was going on. Is this some kind of scheme. I was angry.  But scheme or not I wanted to be with Pansy. If she was alive and this was a joke. Then she better be prepared if I catch her I won't let her go.