Chapter 23

Draco's POV

I am happy, I was going to meet her today. These three days felt like a year. And atlast the said Friday arrived. I felt nervous how she is going to act. Even though I am scared I can't loose this chance. I will grovel at her feet kiss the ground she walks on just to take me back. I was ready. But what confused me was Professor Mcgonadall also played a role in her fake death. These days I can't help but wonder what made her do this. Was she actually having some illness  because if not Professor Mcgonadall wouldn't have helped for a heartbreak

When I asked Hermione about this I was told that it was not her place to tell. And all I recieved was a Good luck. I haven't told Ron and Harry about it.  I am not sure how will they react. But now that was not important. All that mattered to me was Pansy and earning her forgiveness.

When Hermione told the professor that I will also be going, she held a questioning gaze. But I dared not ask her. I can't miss my chance of visiting her. I thanked her and waited for Millicent to come. Hermione was here to see us off.

We were supposed to leave at 10 but Millicent was late. When she arrived she looked tired. Dark circles were visible under her eyes. And when Hermione asked her she simply replied that she is feeling guilty but I didn't paid any heed. I need to see Pansy. Soon after knowing the address we entered the floo channel with floo powder and we were transported to the drawing room of a cozy looking house. I dusted off the ashes from my clothes and looked around still staying close to the fireplace. Millicent stood behind me.

Soon I heard footsteps . My anticipation grew. I waited and then she entered the room. The first thing that came to my mind was she had put on weight. And her skin was glowing. She looked at me shocked. I take in her form and them my mouth becomes dry. Is she? Why she didn't say anything? She is pregnant?  I felt like crying. I was sure I was the father. Her bump looked a little bigger but it had to be mine.

Various emotions ran inside my mind and all the things I wanted to say, vanished from my mind. She looked scared seeing me and then she fainted. I ran and caught her before she could touch the floor. And hugged her. She doesn't have anything to worry about. She is in safe hands. I kissed her forehead and carried her bridal style. She doesn't have to explain anything to me. I looked at Millicent. "Shall we go, to the Docter? " I asked her.