Chapter 19

Isn't it weird to know that whatever's happening will turn out for the best but we still try to change it.

"Are you fucking kidding me? " Ladies and gentlemen thats Bri's reaction after looking at my ring. How typical.

"Wait. Am I ?" I asked myself just to rile her up even more than she was.

"You sneaky little..." I placed my palm on her mouth before she could say anything more. Yeah we were still at school having lunch in the cafeteria surrounded by the kids.

"Bri! Stop! Why are you shouting?" I removed my palm from her mouth before she could lick it. It happened before there's no stopping her she isn't mature yet. I sometimes think how her husband could tolerate her.

"Sorry. I was just excited for you. Why didn't you tell me?" She asked me out of the blue. I was a horrible friend. I omitted a lot of things and this was one of them. Its my nature not to share things and get close with people. I don't wanna get hurt anymore than I already was.

"It happened so fast I didn't get time to tell anyone" I was lying through my teeth. But it's better than telling her that I was forced to do this. She'll become mother and go to my house to fight for my rights. She tends to get a little violent sometimes. Okay most of the times.

"Am I anyone? Fay we're best friends since we started here. So I deserve a little honesty from you " That hurt but it's better than her getting hurt after knowing about me.

"I'm sorry" I truly was because I've been hiding a lot of things from her and she's always patient with me to share them when I feel like. Once when there was a sports competition. I went to the ladies room to change before everyone. But fortunately bri followed me. She saw my back while I was changing my clothes.
As soon as I turned around she walked out without asking anything and stood at the door while I was changing. She never asked me about the scars and I never said anything till now.

"Okay than I  forgive you on one condition. Let me be your maid of Honor" She was looking at me with puppy dog eyes and with that pout of her that made a giant like her husband get on his knees for her.

"Who else is there?" I was asking I was stating that apart from her there was no one I could think of as a maid of honor. You see my social circle is just a circle with only me inside.

"Thank you thank you. When the wedding? We have a lot to do." She said clapping like a little girl.

Atleast someone was happy because I wasn't sure how I should feel about this. Angel. Yeah I'm gonna be his wife. I'm marrying someone whose last name I don't even know. Wow this is what my life had come to. If last week someone would have asked me that I'm gonna agree for an arrange marriage I would have laughed at them. But that what life is right expect the unexpected and wait for the other shoe to drop so that you know that it's not all roses but there's still thorns.

"So I'm going for a dinner tonight. It's more like a family dinner with both the families attending. Can you help me get ready?" I asked her. She is the best at hair and makeup and her fashion sense is way better than me.

"I would love to. You don't even have to ask just tell me the time and place" As soon as she said this I came to know that I didnt even ask him. Shit.
The bell rang at that time and saved me from further embarassment. I was going on a family dinner and I don't even know where he's taking us.
"I'll tell you after class" I said getting up and dumping my tray. I ran towards the staff room to collect my books and go to my next class. Why did I ran? Because I don't wanna seem like I don't know what's going on in my life I'm just going with the flow.

It was almost 4:30 when my last class ended. I walked out of the class only to meet bri at the door.
"Where do you want to go? My place or yours?" I don't know how to answer that.

"I'll just make a call to my parents and let them know about the plans. We'll go to your place. I'll ask mom to bring something... " As soon as I finished that sentence I came to the realisation that j don't have anything to wear. Yeah being poor sucks.

"I know that look. Don't worry I've already arranged everything. My cousin owns a boutique and will bring a few dress over so that we can choose from. She'll bring shoes as well so you'll just have to come to my place" She smiled at me giving me a thumbs up.

"I think I must done some great deeds in my past life to have you as my friend" At that moment I hugged her tightly. Thanking God for sending her to me.

"Yeah yeah. You can repay me by buying me something fancy. Like a handbag" She hinted on it. I know she likes handbags a lot. She have more than 20 bags in her house but she's still buying more everytime she goes for shopping she comes back with one or two handbags. She even have a separate budget for them.

"Let me make a call and than we'll go." I said walking towards the staff room.

"Yeah do that I'll get the car" She had already packed her things since her last lecture ended an hour ago.

"I'll meet you there" I said grabbing my phone. I felt a little disappointed when I didn't see any calls or messages from Angel. I pushed it aside and dialled my mom.

"Congratulations" She shouted as soon as she picked up. I had to keep the phone a little farther from my ears. News travels fast.

"Mom can you tone it down a little bit. I don't wanna be a deaf bride anytime soon" I said

"Sorry. But I'm so excited for you. I got a call from Elena a few hours ago and I couldn't wait to call you but I knew that you might not pick since you'll be in lectures. But I'm really very happy that for once you listened to me and choose the right thing." She was still shouting.

"Mom! I always listen to you." Even I know that was not true since I do the opposite of what she says.

"No you don't. When are you coming? We have to get ready for the dinner." She said. I could hear some ruffling from her side. She might be choosing what to wear.

"Mom about that. Do you know where we are going? " I asked her

"He didn't tell you. I thought I should ask you where we are going but it seems that you too are clueless. Let me call and ask Elena" She said hanging up.

"Did...did she just hang up on me?" Woow my mom was getting crazy by the day.

I grabbed my things and excited the school. As always I was the last one of all.
I walked towards the teachers parking space to look for bri. Why didn't he tell me? He was already in a rush. He has a business to handle it's not like he's free like me. I'm still confused as to why he attended the lectures when he was busy. I think we'll have to sit down and have a talk since I was still not sure if what was going on. It's like one minute I'm on sky and the other I'm falling from the sky as gravity pulls me towards it. I don't think I'm making any sense right now.
I could hear the beat of some music from a distance and I knew where to find her.
I hope this day goes quickly. I don't know what will happen at the dinner. Who will attend it apart from our parents'? Will I able able to endure through this? Have I done the right thing in agreeing to get married? No one can answer this questions for me other than myself.