Chapter 42

Faith

After the fight with Angel I didn't step out of my room the whole day or whatever was left of it. The reason was that I don't wanna see him. He'll know that his words affected me and I don't think I can let him find it out. For me right now in this situation being strong is the most important of all. I heard my phone ring. I check the caller ID. Mom.

"Hey mom." I said in a cheerful voice. Even though I was feeling far from it. I don't want her to worry and more especially call Angel.

"How's my daughter doing?" She asked.

"I'm fine. How are you guys?" I asked. It's been days since I spoke to her.

"We're doing great. Missing you actually." She said sadly.

"I miss you too. Where's dad? " I asked curious. Since he stays home almost everyday.

"I called you for saying that only." She said.

"Did something happen to dad?" I asked worried.

"Nothing happened. I just wanted to invite you and Angel for lunch " She said a few seconds later.

"Wait. Is it the same thing you asked me the last time?" I asked getting suspicious.

"Yes and no. " She said hesitantly.

"Mom. Be clear " I said frustrated.

"Actually your uncles wanted to meet Angel. They have been pestering and resenting your dad for marrying you without asking for their permission. So you dad and I decided to call each and every family member for lunch so that we can introduce them to Angel. " She said quickly.

"Mom. Listen to me. It doesn't matter even if they disapproved Angel. Marrying him was my decision. Just don't listen to them. Just let it be. " I said getting irritated. I have nosy relatives. When we were in need of money nobody helped us and now they wanna interrogate my husband just because he's rich.

"I know but when we live in a society we have to follow rules and compromise. Just this once. I won't force you to do anything after this. " She said

"I'm not sure about Angel" i don't know how to even ask him. He'll definitely say no.

"I already spoke to him and he's available" Mom said. What? Why didn't I know this.?

"Why did you call me than?" I asked feeling betrayed.

"Angel told me to ask you as well. I didn't know that you were one of those brides who could control their husband. I can't say that I'm proud of you but it's a great achievement." Mom laughed at that.

"I learned from the best " I said taunting her. I know she did the same to dad. It's not like I'm dominating Angel. Why did he say that than?

"I'll see you guys on Sunday. Dress properly. " She said and hung up. She was way excited than me. I have to find Angel first. How could he agree without asking me? I walked out of my room and searched the house but there was no sign of him. He might have gone to work. Should I go there and ask him ? Should I call? I should call. I tried his number but it didn't connect. Should I wait for him tonight? What if he comes with Chiara? I couldn't ask him when he's with her. I should go there. I walked back in to my room and got ready. I wore a nice navy blue full sleeves knee length dress with black stockings. I had to maintain an appearance. I grabbed my clutch and walked out. I didn't know his address. I messaged the twins and they sent me the address. It was nearby. Only half an hour away. I took a cab and in nearly 15 minutes I got there.

It was a huge glass building. The biggest in the entire block I guess. I walked inside and headed towards the receptionist.

"How may I help you?" She asked.