Chapter 50

Angel

"What the hell were you thinking?" I said pushing Chiara away from me. She fell on the couch.

"What I should have done a long time ago." She said getting up and standing in front of me.

"You are trying to test my patience here." I said firmly. She know she cannot go against me. She was under my protection. I'm her Capo.

"I'm not. I'm trying to show you what you've been missing all this time. " She said raising her arm as if to touch my face. But before she could do that I grabbed her arm tighly.

"Don't even try to touch me. You're under my protection but that doesn't mean I cannot hurt you. If you cross a line I'm not gonna think before throwing you on the streets in front of the people who've been trying to kill you." I said and i was not kidding here. I could feel my blood boil with anger.

"What did I do wrong? I've been loving you since the day I met you. I've done everything for you. I even took care of that bastard child of yours " She screamed at me. I grabbed her by her throat.

"Not one word about my child. If you even think negatively about him. I'm gonna put you 6 feet down in the ground before you can even say a word. " I said choking her. I can feel her pulse in my hand getting faster by the minute than slow. She was scratching my hand and arm to let go but all i could see was blood in my eyes. How dare she ?

"Angel let her go!" I heard Tessa shout at me.

"Angel!" I heard another voice. This one belonging to her husband. I let her go.

"How could you do this to me?" I heard her choke on her words.

"Chiara. I think you should leave before i call the security." Tessa said.

"I'm taking Leandro with me." I heard her say.

"What did you say?" I asked getting closer once again. But Erik came between us before I can do anything. 

"Chiara! Just get out of here" I heard Tessa scream at her.

"Listen to me Angel. You're a capo you're not supposed to behave like this. " Erik said rubbing my shoulders. But I couldn't seem to calm myself down. It was difficult. I can't believe Faith saw this and left. I don't even know where she is right now.

"I need to go." I said moving away from Erik. I turned walked towards the room where Leandro was sleeping.

"Erik. " I heard Tessa call from behind me.

"Angel. Just calm down. " Erik was following me.

"I'm calm. Call my men and ask them about Faith." I said opening the door and seeing Leandro sound asleep on the bed. He looked so small yet he's strong. It's very difficult for a child to live without a mother but my son he grew up well. I wish I could turn back time but not because i don't want Leandro in my life but so that I can go and help Faith sooner. She doesn't deserve all this.

"She's on the way to her friend Bri." I heard Erik say behind me. I turned around and closed the door. 

"I should go to her and talk things through." I said to Erik

"I think you should give her sometime to get used to all this. To digest the fact that her husband is a father and the son belongs to the woman who made her life a living nightmare." Tessa said leaning against the wall. I didn't know she was here.

"I don't wanna wait." I said rubbing my forehead. My head has been paining since I got here. I need some rest.

"I think Tessa is right. We should give her time." Erik said walking towards the living room. We both followed him.

"Let's talk." Erik said sitting on the couch.
Tessa sat a few inches away from him. I sat on the chair opposite to them.

"What did you tell her?" Erik asked. He was all Capo mode.

"Just about my college time, Chiara and her family heritage and Leandro. " I said

"What about the other things?" He asked looking keenly at me.

"Nope. Not yet and I'm not even thinking of telling it to her. It's not her concern anyway. " I said looking away.

"You cannot do this. You have to tell her everything. " Tessa said in a high tone.

"I did. I told her about Matt, Selena and their family. What more should I tell her?" I was angry.

"You have to tell her that she's the Mafia queen. The person she married is a Mafia capo. He's the person that people tell their child to stay away from. You're the Don of the underground world. " Erik said.

"Stop exaggerating everything. I'm just a normal Mafia lord that's it" I said not understanding why it was so important to tell this to Faith.

"Normal? Having bodyguards around is normal? You're the richest and the most fearsome person in this whole world. People don't even know how you look. Your name is enough for them to piss their pants. " Tessa said loudly

"I think Faith should not know this. It's not important anyway. I'll keep her safe, help her get her revenge and than I'll tell her my real identity. If she wants to stay with me she will stay and if not than I won't stop her." I said feeling a pain in my chest.

"There's one thing I'm not getting here" Tessa said looking suspiciously at me.

"Go ahead." I know what she was going to ask.

"Faith knows you're in mafia she doesn't know how deep you're involved. I think she'll accept this. But the thing is now that you're helping her don't you think you should stop with all this Chiara bullshit and let her take care of herself for once." Tessa said

"Tessa" Erik said in a warning tone.

"No don't stop me. Why are you helping Chiara? Even mom and dad stopped talking to her. What's the reason behind all this? You love Faith you are married to her. Today she's viral in the whole world as your wife and now still you don't wanna throw Chiara out of your life. What are you hiding brother?" Tessa looked at me while saying this. I can see the suspicion in her eyes. It's not far when she'll find out the truth and her world will fall apart. I cannot let this happen not to her. I can sacrifice my love and life but i cannot hurt my sister she's the only one for me.

"I can't tell you anything. I'm sorry. One day maybe I'll be able to tell you. But not today and maybe not tomorrow either. One day." I said calmly. I know if I got angry on her for asking she'll feel bad but i cannot see her hurt. Hiding the truth is also difficult and telling the truth is worst. How many people will hurt by the truth?

"Okay. " She said calmly.

"What are you thinking of doing now? " Erik asked.

"Honestly. I have no clue." I said rubbing my forehead.

"The ball is in her court let her decide what she wants to do. " I said getting up.

"What about Chiara?" Tessa asked getting up and following me.

"She's still under my protection and nothing can change it" I said going to Leandro.

"Let her go. Leave her on her own devices. Why are you still trying to help her when she did all the wrong in your life?" Tessa asked me from behind. I stopped in my tracks turned around and faced her.

"She's under my protection and she will always be. No one can change it." I said and walked towards Leandro. He was still asleep. So i picked him up in my arms. He's very light weight. He's not eating much these days. I didn't even get time to meet him.

"Where are you taking him?" Erik asked.

"I'm taking him to mom and dad's. " I said walking towards the door.

"Angel." I heard Tessa say behind me.

"Yes. " I turned around.

"I want you to be happy. " She said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm happy. " I said the truth and I really was. Everyday with Faith was like a dream come true. I have been loving her since the last 5 years and now it's time I give her what she needs and be done with all this.

I walked out leaving my sister and her husband behind. It's time to end this.