Chapter 16

I regret a lot of things but I never regret going in to the darkness and letting it consume me so that I can be free from the pain I suffer.

Faith (5 days later)

I opened my eyes slowly. They felt swollen. I tried to raise my hand to rub them but my hands seemed to be tied somewhere. I looked around to get any clue as to where I was. It looked like a bedroom. On one corner was a book shelf and a desk and chair. On the other end was a floor to ceiling window. Two doors covered another wall. One might be a bathroom and other a closet. The door to the room opened and in walked a figure. The light in the room was dim so I couldn't recognise the person.

"Where am I? " I asked trying to untie myself.

"It's me Damien. You're at my place" I recognised my brother's voice.

"Why am I here?" I stopped struggling and pleaded him with my eyes to untie me.

He came towards me and untied my wrists and legs. I didn't knew that my legs were also tied. He helped my sit and handed me a glass of water. I didn't even knew I was thirsty. I drank the water as if I hadn't for the last few days. I picked up the bottle on the nightstand and drank it until it was empty.

"Was it one of those days?" I asked avoiding eye contact.

"You don't have to feel ashamed" He placed his hand on mine which was on my lap.

"I know but everytime it happens I don't remember anything" I could feel the tears coming out of my eyes. I didn't even knew I was crying.

"Hey it's okay. Thanks for calling me." He hugged me and I cried loudly. I felt as if I was broken from the inside out. We embraced each other for a few minutes.

"Why did you tie me?" I asked entangling myself from him. I wiped the tears.

"You tried to hurt yourself" He said staring at me.

"I.....I didn't do that before. Not even once. Why now?" I couldn't believe it. I was never suicidal. I never wanted to die. The other personality in me which I call the dark me never did anything that I'll be ashamed of but this was something else.

"I don't know. For the first few days...."

"How may days has it been?" I interrupted him. I thought I was gone for a day or two.

"5 days" he said

"What!" I was angry. How could I explain my absence?

"Don't worry I handled everything. I called the uni and told them you had an emergency. As for mom and dad I told them I was sick so you came to accompany me" he smiled trying to make me feel better.

"Okay. So what happened after the few days" I asked him getting back to the main topic.

"You just slept. But on the fourth day you got up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen. I heard the sounds of things being thrown so I went to see and there you were with a knife in your hand staring at it. You were holding it as if it was your lifeline. I was so scared at that time. I didn't knew what to do. I ran towards you and snatched it out of your hand. After that you became unconscious once again." There was tears in his eyes. I can't even imagine how it feels to see your sibling trying to kill themselves. I can never understand or feel his pain.

"I'm sorry" I squeezed his hand.

"It's okay I'm just glad that I got there in time before you could harm yourself." He said.

"I don't think I was trying to kill myself" I said. I knew my other personality. It had a lot of chance to kill me but it never did. Why now?

"Are you sure?" He asked wiping his eyes.