Chapter 44

Faith

This was the most difficult task I've ever done in my life. My hands were shivering. I was sweating buckets. Oh god help me. Wait. I'm sweating because I've been hiding in the closet for the 40 minutes thinking if I should do what I've been meaning to do and gaining the courage to do since yesterday. I looked around but there was no one. But I felt as if someone was keeping an eye on me. I was alone. Angel had gone to work early in the morning and now it's 12 . He won't be back until later in the evening. So it was nothing and no one that I have to worry about. I pressed on the call icon and the call went through. "Ring, ring" I could hear it on the other side. No one was picking up for a long time. But suddenly someone picked up when I though of giving up.

"Hello. Who's this?" I heard a female voice on the other side.

"I'm Faith." I said

"Oh my god. " I heard from the other side. The girl sounded relieved to hear my voice.

"Tessa?" I asked to be clear.

"Yes. It's me. " She said in reply. Her voice sounded as if she was crying.

"I have to ask you something." I said

"Listen to me. I cannot say anything to you on the phone. We'll have to meet." She said hurriedly.

"Where?" I asked

"I'll take the earliest flight I could after I cut this call. Just wait for me. And don't tell anyone that we talked or that I'm coming there. " She said. I could hear some ruffling on her side.

"Wait. Why are you saying it like there's someone listening to us?" I asked confused at her behaviour.

"I don't have much time. Just stay away from my family and especially my brother. I'll meet you tomorrow and explain everything. " She said and hung up.

I must say this was the most awkward and weird conversation I have had in my life. I don't know what she was trying to say. But somehow I felt like she wanted to cut this call as soon as possible. Is someone tapping my phone? I don't know what's going on but this mystery is getting even more complicated than I thought. First Adrian lied to me, than Angels behaviour with me and now this conversation with Tessa. Is anyone ever going to tell me the truth? I will have to get to the bottom of all this trouble. Will I be able to? I got up and went downstairs to get ready for college. Today is the first day I'm going there after everything that happened. Was it last month that I got married? Yes it's been a month today since our marriage. Yesterday everyone all over the city came to know that I'm the wife of Mr. Angel West. People have been writing comments about me. Truly bad comments. Some wants Angel to leave me and marry Chiara. Some wants to kill me for marrying their dream guy. Some even wants to know the truth about me. So that's all not much in my life has happened since then. Just Angel being MIA since yesterday morning. And then even today he woke up early and went off to god knows where.

I got ready for my day. I wore a simple black pants and white sweater since its getting colder by the day. I got inside the elevator and pressed the button for the parking lot. Ethan will be my designated driver and bodyguard according to Angel. Which I don't mind seriously? It irritates me sometimes to wait for bus and getting late. So I agreed to have Ethan drive me around. Is it bad to enjoy the perks of marrying a rich guy. I don't think so. I walked towards the black Mercedes car. Ethan was standing there in his usual black suit.

"Good Morning Mrs. West " he said

"Good morning " I said getting inside.

I didn't speak to him after that. The reason was that before I married Ethan assured me that Angel is a good person. He knew everything about what's going on between Angel and Chiara and he still said lies about his boss. I hate him for lying to me. I know he was doing what his boss told him. But I still feel like a fool to have believed his words and married someone I shouldn't have.