Chapter 56

Not every secret is meant to be revealed.

Chiara

"Where should we start from? " I said looking at their faces.

"How can we trust you?" She asked. I know she will be the first one to question my credibility.

"You cannot and better yet you shouldn't trust me actually. But you will know I'm telling the truth once I start. " I said folding my arms. Now that the control is in my hands I can do whatever I can but let's be honest here and tell these miserable souls the truth.

"Stop this bullshit and get it over with." The impatient groom.

"Let me start from the beginning. My mom Jane. The most beautiful and innocent soul in this world born among the devil's. " I said exaggerating. My mom is far from what I said.

"I know my daughter and she's far from innocent. " My grandfather said in between.

"She fell in love with the most dangerous man out there. Should I say she pretended to fall in love ? " I said looking at my grandfather.

"That would be the correct definition of love for your mother." My grandfather chimed in between.

"You know whatever she did was because she hated you, right?" I wasn't expecting an answer to this.

" Yes I know. She was greedy and wanted the whole empire for her. She was my second child her brother was the heir to my throne. I don't know how and where we went wrong. I was so happy to have a daughter so that I could marry her to another mafia family and make ties. But she ruined my plans." He said looking ready to kill.

"What you wanted from her she wanted the same thing. She knew she would never be the heir to the throne. She was thirsty for power and decided to take matter in her own hands and that's were the Macrides family came in to picture."

"Uncle Mario." She muttered

"Yes and no. Mario was just a pawn in her game. The means to an end. " I said thinking about the time when I came to know the truth.

"Don't tell me ...." The groom exclaimed.

"One day while going through some research she found out about The Macrides family. They were the most powerful and strongest mafia group of that time and still they're. No one knew how they looked except some selected people. From some source mom came to know about Mario being the right hand of Capo. And that's when she had an idea on how she can gain access to the mafia group. She had people following Mario around. She started wooing Mario. She never told him who she was. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Still she couldn't get a single clue about the family. " I said getting up a little. My jaw hurt from all this talking

"She decided to tell Mario the truth about her family and asked him to marry her because she couldn't live with her father anymore. Mario assured her that he has ties with the mafia and will never let anything happen to her. Mario dear Mario a fool in love." I said sarcastically. I always love this part of the story.

"One day Mario took her to meet the family and that's when everything changed. She saw Adrian for the first time with Edna and Angel. Her plans were ruined when she came to know that the Capo was very much in love with his wife and will never do anything to hurt her. Poor Mario was clueless about Jane's plans of wooing his mafia leader to become the queen. It was a power play."

"Mario and Jane married a few months later. Jane got a clear way to the family. " I said looking at my grandfather.

" So all along she wanted to become the queen by wooing the Capo she'll be able to fulfill her plans. She's indeed my daughter. " He said shocked and somewhat proud.