Chapter 38

Some sacrifices are worth it if they end up saving your loved ones.

Angel

I held her hand tightly in mine. I don't know what else to do. The doctor said that she'll wake on her own time. I haven't felt for anyone what I feel for her. It's so hard for someone like me to feel.

"She'll understand" I heard her say behind me. I didn't turn around.

"I don't think so." I said without turning. I heard the chair move.

"As far as I know her I can guarantee that much." She said placing her hand on my shoulder. It was a comforting touch but for me it was anything but.

"You don't know her. None of us do." I said kissing my unconscious wife's palm. She looks so beautiful even in this state.

"The moment I saw her I knew that you'll fall head over heels for her. It was just a matter of time." I heard her say beside me. She sounded as if she was crying. I turned to look at her and I was right. She was.

"Come here Tess." I said hugging her. She started crying loudly.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let it happen. They wanted me." She said between cries.

"It's no one's fault babygirl. It's just fate " I said feeling like crying.

"No you're wrong I was the bad omen for her. You know when she took my place I was happy that it wasn't me that had to suffer. I'm a bad person." She was bawling like a little girl.

"She gave you a gift." I said rubbing her back.

"Did she? " She looked at me with gear filled eyes. My sister is an emotional person. She has never even hurt a fly in her life. But just because we rule the underworld she became the target of others anger and hate for her. She was our weak link but we never felt so. Until she was robbed of that innocence.

"You both were dealt with something bad. No one could have stopped it even if someone tried " I said regretting it. I could have saved her but I didn't.

"What happened to her?" She asked wiping tears.

"Something I would never even wish on my worst enemy's daughter." I said. Tessa wasn't aware of anything that happened to Faith. She just knew that the girl I was marrying was the one who saved her that night.

"What would you do?" She asked

"Nothing." I replied honestly. Because no one can do anything not even me until she decides to face the truth and accept it.

"You love her." It wasn't a question but a statement

"Maybe I do. But I don't know how it is to fall for someone." I said.

"It just happens." She said and I hear the sadness in her voice. Her only mistake was falling for the wrong person.

"Where's he?" I asked

"He's with mom." She said getting up.

"You should go. I'll call you once she wakes up " I said getting up and hugging her.

"I love you." She said and kissed my cheek. I just smiled. I've never in my life said those words to anyone. They were meaning less to me.

"You know. I think she'll understand. Whatever happened between you guys that night she'll get why you did what you did. " She said and left the room leaving me thinking of my biggest mistake.

"You guys look good together." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around not believing it. There she was looking at me with her brown eyes. Smiling as if nothing happened the 24 hours. I've been sitting here for a waiting for her to wake up. But she never did but the moment I lost all hope there she was smiling like an angel at me. My sunshine.