Chapter 14

She thought she was invisible to all but she didn't knew that inside her invisibility cloak he stood beside her without a sound waiting for her to turn around and see him.

A month later

Today was the last day of the exhibitions that means they will announce the prizes in the evening at the after party. This exhibition has been very important for the students since a lot of companies come to see it. Every year the students get recruited in one or the other companies because if their projects in this exhibition. These one month there was chaos everywhere and I even had the stay the night a few days ago. Some of my students got selected for an internship in few big companies. I was very happy for them. But the day I dread the most was today since I had to wear a dress for the party. One more thing I'm going on that date today. Why today? Yeah because I can kill two birds with one stone. It means I'll be already ready for the party so why not go to the date as well. I know I'm super intelligent. I had messaged Angel yesterday and he agreed to meet me at 8. The ceremony will start at 6 so I can get out of there by 7:30. I wore a charcoal gray gown with full sleeves with elbow length sleeves with sweet heart neckline. Bri helped with the dress since I don't have a good taste in clothes and mom bought the heels silver heels. I didn't like wearing heels but I could go in flats. I even wore my hair in a bun since I get irritated by it. I have long hair. I had covered the scar on my face. Most of the time I didn't do that since I'm not ashamed of it. But today I'm not feeling like answering people today. It's difficult to tell them how I got it. They look at me like I'm an alien. Some even commented me to have plastic surgery to cover it. I didn't have money to do that and I won't do it unless I make the people who did this suffer. I want to take revenge. But I'm not that adamant to do that right now. I just want my life to go in peace. I haven't seen anyone of them after that day. Actually it's because of me since I cannot face them so I just hid inside my house completing my studies and than I joined the uni. Some of the kids from the community go there but mostly they stay away from me. So till now it's good.

I spaced out that I didn't remember the cab driver honking downstairs. I grabbed my clutch and got out. Mom was standing outside my room.

"I'll be late. I had to go on that date." I said kissing her on the cheek.

"Don't forget the deal." She said winking at me. Yeah she'll not let me live this one.

"You shouldn't back out when you loose" I teased her. I have some tricks up my sleeve as well. I'll make sure to remove my makeup before meeting him. He'll feel disgusted with my scar. I can taste my win.

"I never loose" she said helping me wear a matching white shawl on my arms. It actually matched the dress. It's getting cold since it's near Christmas.

"Bye. Love ya" I said getting in the cab.

"Love you too" she shouted at the top of her lungs. Surely alerting all the neighbours.

The cab driver pulled us on the highway. A few minutes on the drive and i got a call. It was from an unknown number. I avoid picking up most of the time but I felt like it might be important so I picked it up.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Miss. Joanson" the female on the other side said.

"Yes. This is her. May I know who's this? " She was talking in a monotonous sound.

"I'm calling on behalf of Mr. Angel. He wanted me to relay the message to you that he have some important meetings so he'll be a little late for the meeting with you." She said

"Okay. Let him know that I'll be late as well." I lied since I was angry. I was thinking of leaving the party early to join him for dinner. Now I'll have to endure a few hours more. Great.